Website YouTube/Google Canada
Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in communications, public relations, or media relations
- Experience in people management role
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently
- Experience in a fast-paced business, media, or non-profit environment
- Solid track record of creative storytelling, proactive press outreach, and building relationships with journalists and stakeholders
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously, and to influence stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and generate big ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs team, your primary focus will be on supporting YouTube communications efforts in Canada in addition to supporting the work YouTubers are doing in Canada for their communities. You will work cross-functionally to help communicate on YouTube’s positive creator stories, devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists’ interests, engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers, develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns, and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users.
As Head of YouTube Communications for Google Canada, you will work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, policy, engineering and product teams to communicate the wider Google Canada narrative to media. Your team’s mission is to showcase how Google helps Canadian businesses and Canadian culture through our various platforms. Your role would be to work closely with our YouTube team to ensure our external communications highlight all of the positive Canadian content created on YouTube and support policy and business objectives.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
- Maintain and develop close, productive relationships with journalists, social influencers, and our key partners in Canada.
- Develop written materials, including story pitches, messaging documents, press releases, Q&As, presentations, and speeches.
- Train and provide advice to company officials for press conferences, media interviews, and trade presentations.
- Work with our in-country PR teams to help land stories that highlight creators in local and consumer outlets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments including Partnerships, Product, Marketing, and leadership teams in Canada and the United States, to influence and execute strategic plans and launches.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.