Website Woodstock Public Library
Emerging Technologies Librarian I: Full-time (Permanent) Woodstock , ON
WOODSTOCK PUBLIC LIBRARY
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING #2022-05
EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES LIBRARIAN I: Full-time (Permanent)
DATE: June 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Emerging Technologies Librarian
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week.
Schedule is subject to change and is not negotiable.
May include evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
The Woodstock Public Library delivers community-based library services in a beautiful historic Carnegie Library. Woodstock is a thriving city with a population of more than 38,000 residents that offers a wide range of recreational and cultural activities. For more information, visit our website at www.mywpl.ca.
NATURE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of Public Services, this position will provide public service technology leadership by guiding the development, management, and maintenance of the Library’s emerging technologies and digital resources. Responsible for monitoring technology trends and translating them into timely opportunities. Responsible for organizing and delivering training to staff and customers on emerging technologies and digital resources. Make recommendations for service improvements and workflow changes. Provide information and readers’ advisory services to the public. Manage the selection, deselection and planning for assigned library collections.
- Masters Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school.
- Two years of relevant experience with public-facing technology in a library environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing emerging technology and related services and programs in a public library environment.
- Experience following emerging trends and developments in technology.
- Experience training staff and customers on emerging technologies and digital resources.
- Knowledge of print and digital information services and resources.
- Experience in library selection, deselection, and collection planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer, and communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Responsible for the research, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of emerging technologies, including related programs and services.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of public training classes. Provide instruction to customers and staff in the use of emerging technologies and digital resources, both internal and through community outreach.
- Assess trends and investigate developments in technology.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies, associated software and digital resources through review of literature, networking, exploration of online sources and attending training opportunities both in and outside the library.
- Resolve customer service problems and empower public service staff to do the same.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate documentation for library technologies and communicate all changes and/or updates to staff.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence in the delivery of readers advisory service and in response to information requests from the public.
- Instruct the public in the use of library resources, facilities and equipment.
- Manage the selection, deselection and planning for assigned library collections.
- Act as an in-house consultant for staff and public on trouble-shooting library-related technical issues.
- Assume the duties of a person in charge as required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SALARY RATE AND RANGE: $36.37/hr to $39.77/hr
APPLICATION DEADLINE:4:00 pm, June 30, 2022
This is a bargaining unit position, CUPE Local 1146-Library Unit.
Interested persons are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Public Services
Woodstock Public Library
445 Hunter Street
Woodstock ON N4S 4G7
Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act.
The Woodstock Public Library Board is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Compensation: $36.37/hr to $39.77/hr
Closes: 30 June, 2022
Woodstock Public Library
Woodstock , ON
To apply for this job please visit www.mywpl.ca.