Website Western Counties Regional Library
Manager of Programs and Services (Bilingual) Yarmouth , NS
Manager of Programs and Services (Bilingual)
Western Counties Regional Library (WCRL) is seeking a motivated, dynamic individual to join its organization. WCRL is a regional library system serving Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth counties in Nova Scotia, Canada.
The region is a key producer of live lobster for the world market in addition to scallops, fish and other seafood. Located in Southwestern Nova Scotia, the area features beaches, walking trails, historic sites, coastal living, lakes, wildlife, a rich cultural heritage, a low cost of living, and a large regional hospital.
Through its various partnerships and initiatives, WCRL strives to provide programs and services that have a positive impact on people’s lives while being a focal point and cultural hub for the communities it serves. Our 10 library branches and online library provide public library services to approximately 56,000 people including two distinct Acadian populations.
Reporting to the library director and working alongside the regional management team, the Manager of Programs and Services will be responsible for leading the strategic development of the library’s programs and services. They will assist in achieving the library board’s goals and objectives as outlined in the region’s yearly actions plan. With well-developed leadership capabilities, the manager of programs and services will also be responsible for managing library branches and staff.
- Lead and develop programming plans for the region
- Identify partnership and funding opportunities for programs and services
- Work closely with the public relations manager on promotions
- Oversee the programming budget for the region
- Participate in research and development of public service policies and procedures
- Branch management duties including staff supervision and collections maintenance
- Participate in provincial initiatives and joint regional projects
- Coordinate outreach services throughout the region
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Completed post-secondary education degree
- Recognized Library Science or Information Studies degree from an ALA accredited institution an asset but not required
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience including supervisory experience
- Fluency in both French and English languages
- Experience planning, implementing and evaluating programs
- Experience in grant proposal writing
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of emerging technology trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of and understanding of current and emerging library trends
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Financial literacy skills
- Customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Clear driver’s license (Driver’s Abstract to be supplied)
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
– Permanent full-time position
– Work location – Library HQ (Yarmouth) and some remote work required
– Starting Salary Range: – $41,444 to – $52,324 (determined by qualifications)
– Compensation: Workplace Pension and Health Benefits
– Hours of work: 35 hours/week Monday to Friday with some evenings and weekends as required.
– Anticipated Start Date: August 22, 2022
Satisfactory Police Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check required upon hiring.
Closing Date: Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 12 noon
An application form can be obtained from any of Western Counties Regional Library’s 10 branches, or at https://westerncounties.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Employment-Application-Form.pdf
An application form, cover letter and resumé can be faxed to (902) 742-6920; e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mailed to:
Western Counties Regional Library
405 Main Street, Yarmouth, NSB5A 1G3
For further inquiries, please contact the Office Manager at 902-742-2486 x 221
Compensation: $41,444 to $52,324
Closes: 7 July, 2022
Western Counties Regional Library
Yarmouth , NS
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.