Website Western Community College
Librarian Surrey , BC
Western Community College is looking for a full-time librarian for its Library in the Surrey Campus. The potential candidate must have experience with digital library platforms and should be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The job responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the Library Strategic Plan
- Develops and implements an annual Library Services Operation plan
- Provides leadership and coordination of all library functions
Evaluates effectiveness of library functions using key quality indicators related to library services
- Develops library policies and procedures
- Supervises and evaluates performance of library staff.
- Coordinates the development of personal performance plans and appropriate training of library staff
- Coordinates and provides leadership in all aspects of campus library services, including selecting materials, maintaining collections, and training staff and students in the use of library resources.
Cataloguing and Data Bases
- Coordinates and accomplishes the cataloging of all library materials using national standards as determined by ALA (American Library Association).
- Coordinates and accomplishes the selection and reduction of library materials according to collection development criteria.
- Maintains a current inventory of library collections.
- Maintains the integrity of the library database by directing technical processes and verifies the accuracy of all processed materials.
Student and Faculty Assistance
- Designs and provides group and individual library instruction and orientation for faculty, staff, and students.
- Serves as the library’s point of contact to schedule and provide library instruction.
- Coordinates and provides reference and information desk services for students, faculty, and staff.
- Administers copyright policy and procedures
Education and Experience required:
- MLS and 1 to 3 years of library experience.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
About Western Community College
Western Community College is a privately held provider of post-secondary education in British Columbia, offering a Bachelor of Hospitality Management degree program and more than 52 career training diploma and certificate programs in the fields of business, accounting, healthcare, education, hospitality, information technology, legal studies, and warehousing, using industry-based market-driven curriculums. We provide a dynamic, collaborative, and engaging learning environment to our students with a very high standard of community-driven post-secondary education.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our college does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or marital status. We are committed to be an equal- employer and to creating a diverse environment where employees are involved and respected. All qualified applicants will receive the same consideration for employment.
To apply for this position, we will require the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Resume, including names and emails addresses of 3 professional references
- Credentials (copy)
Please send them by email to: email@example.com / Subject: Librarian
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: $52,000.00 – $54,200.00 per year
Western Community College
Surrey , BC
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.