Website waterloolibrary Waterloo Public Library
We are searching for an individual considering a career in libraries to come alongside us for an internship that will provide a robust learning opportunity to dive into many aspects of library life in a supportive environment. Someone who is energized by working with the public and has the ability to make others feel welcomed in their presence. Someone who is highly flexible, adaptable, responsive and willing to go the extra mile to provide support to the team. Excited yet?
What you’ll do:
- Welcoming customers into the space providing intentional, customized and proactive service to customers on-site
- Support various areas in the library including collections, circulation, programming, shelving and customer engagement initiatives
- Assist customers with digital literacy and other library technology.
What we’re looking for:
- Education in library studies (Library Tech, MLIS) or related field
- Experience working with a variety of ages and demographics in public service
- Collaborative, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technology and digital literal skills
- Fluency in multiple languages is an asset
This internship position will run from June to October, 2023. The weekly schedule will total 35 hours and consist of shifts on alternating weekends. Schedule is subject to change.
The starting wage $27.15 per hour. This position is grant funded therefore eligible candidates must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have refugee status in Canada, recent graduates from college/university and between the ages of 16-30.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by June 1, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.