Website waterloolibrary Waterloo Public Library
We are searching for an individual considering a career in libraries to come alongside us for an internship that will provide a robust learning opportunity to dive into many aspects of library life in a supportive environment. Someone who is energized by working with the public, is highly flexible, adaptable, responsive and willing to go the extra mile to provide support to the team. This person will have the unique opportunity to engage customers at our new award-winning branch location. Excited yet?
What you’ll do:
- Conduct community engagement activities in a variety of settings
- Support system wide programming
- Provide customer service to a diverse group of users both in and outside of the library
- Provide reference, readers’ advisory and circulation services to the public
- Work as part of shelving team as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Education in library studies (Library Tech, MLIS) or related field
- Experience working with a variety of ages and demographics in public service
- Excellent technology and digital literal skills. Experience with data collection and analysis an asset
- Collaborative, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required
This internship position will run from June to October, 2023. The weekly schedule will total 35 hours and consist of shifts on alternating weekends. Schedule is subject to change.
The starting wage $27.15 per hour. This position is grant funded therefore eligible candidates must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or have refugee status in Canada, recent graduates from college/university and between the ages of 16-30.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by June 1, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.