Website University of Washington Libraries
Position: Business and User Experience Librarian
Location: University of Washington, Tacoma WA
Reporting to the Associate Dean and Director of the UW Tacoma Library, the Business and User Experience Librarian coordinates user experience projects aimed at improving our student-centered services. The successful candidate will be energized by working in a collaborative, team-based environment with colleagues who are passionate about helping ALL of our students succeed. The Business and User Experience Librarian develops and nurtures strategic partnerships across the Tacoma campus and within the UW Libraries to continuously learn about students’ needs and expectations, playing an active role in developing a culture of evidence-based and informed practice in the UWT Library. The successful candidate is a creative researcher who is excited by UX techniques, tools, and strategies, and demonstrates a broad understanding of how UX can inform spaces and service design. The Business and User Experience Librarian will serve as a subject liaison to the Milgard School of Business and may support one or more additional academic departments, colleges, or schools.
This position is not tenure eligible. This position is represented by SEIU 925 – Libraries. Please see the SEIU 925 collective bargaining agreement for the Librarian promotion process.
- Graduate degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies degree.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and a more socially just society and understanding of the contributions a diverse workforce brings to the workplace.
- Experience in providing reference services.
- Evidence of the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues and external stakeholders in a rapidly changing environment where consultation, collaboration, and cooperation are valued and essential.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills.
- Experience with instruction and commitment to a student-centered teaching philosophy.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in designing or implementing projects that assess user needs or experiences, and generate solutions to improve a service or space.
- Experience working in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and improve services.
Applications received by 8:59 p.m. PDT/11:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 3, 2023, will receive priority review. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a rolling biweekly basis at the discretion of the unit.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.