Website University of Arkansas
Assistant University Archivist
This position is responsible for increasing the discoverability of the University Archives collections and reports to the University Archivist. The position arranges and describes core collections documenting the university’s history and creates finding aids that adhere to archival best practices and standards. The position will assist with assessing and moving new collections. In consultation with the University Archivist and Research Services Unit, the position responds to reference questions. The position will perform quality assessment for the web archiving program and will be a member of the departmental Processing Team, contributing to the goals of that team. The position may supervise a student employee. The position may assist the University Archivist with exhibitions, classroom instruction, digital exhibits, and digital preservation as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Demonstrated work experience in processing substantial manuscript collections in an archives or research library
- Demonstrated experience working with archival standards, such as EAD or DACS
- Graduate level coursework in libraries, archives, or history
- Project management experience in archives
- Experience with archival content management systems, such as ArchivesSpace, CONTENTdm, Archivematica, or Aeon
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with best practices in providing reference in a library environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Archival knowledge, including basic preservation standards
- Understanding of copyright, privacy laws, and rights management issues
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of constituents
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary: $40,000, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include TIAA or Fidelity Investments, 22 days of annual leave, tuition reduction, and health insurance.
For the full posting, or to apply, please go to https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS/job/Fayetteville/Assistant-University-Archivist_R0038090. When completing your application, please upload the following: letter of application, résumé, and a list of three current references (names, addresses, emails, and telephone numbers).
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
To apply for this job please visit uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.