Website Town of Caledon
Branch Manager (Contract Up to 18 months)
Caledon East , ON
Reporting directly to the Director, Public Service and as a member of the Management Team, the Branch Manager is responsible for the general management and operations of the assigned Library branch(es). The Branch Manager promotes and sustains a customer-centered focus through borrowing, information services and by creating spaces which are welcoming and efficient. As the Branch Manager, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Supervise and schedule all Public Service staff (directly and indirectly) assigned to perform work and activities within the assigned branch; directing the work and overseeing the quality and standard of work performed by direct reports.
- Ensure that all Public Service Staff have the necessary training to provide the public with whatever assistance is required. IE. Reference, readers’ advisory, device support, etc.
- Coordinate with Director and/or Town People Services in hiring, training, performance evaluation, discipline etc. as required.
- Provide input to the career development of assigned staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring.
- Build support for the Caledon Public Library vision and departmental goals/objectives by communicating expectations and rationale and by monitoring and measuring progress and outcomes, looking for daily opportunities to highlight the connection between overall strategy and day-to-day activities.
- Create a team environment which fosters and develops high performance and effective working relationships.
- Lead by example and demonstrate organizational values, proactively addressing morale, cooperation and productivity issues.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging trends in public library services, advocating for and incorporating these trends as appropriate.
- Facilitate concise, accurate, two-way and timely communication between department staff and key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure exemplary customer service to all patrons of the Caledon Public Library in person, over the phone or electronically. Ensuring that all borrowing and information services are high-quality and efficient, for customers.
- Oversee all aspects of day to day circulation procedures at the assigned branch.
- Recommend and implement necessary policy, procedural or workflow revisions.
- Prepare reports, and statistics as required.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a passionate professional with a post-graduate degree in Master of Library and Information Studies/Science. Our ideal candidate has minimum 3 years of public library or customer service setting experience and minimum 1 year of supervisory level experience.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in public libraries and customer centered service. We are seeking an individual with superior project management skills, a demonstrated ability to apply organizational, analytical skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers an hourly rate of $45.77, based on a 35-hour work week.
Satisfactory passing of a vulnerable sector check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
New employees who commence employment on or after November 15, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Town of Caledon reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.
How To Apply
To learn more about employment with the Town of Caledon and to apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity, visit: www.caledon.ca/careers
If needed and upon request, this document can be made available in an alternative format.
Compensation: An hourly rate of $45.77
Closes: 7 July, 2022
Town of Caledon
Caledon East , ON
To apply for this job please visit careers.caledon.ca.