Website Toronto Community Housing
Full Job Description
Job #: 7473
Division: Strategic Communications
Vacancy Type: Full-time Permanent
Affiliation: Non-Union: Management & Exempt
# of Vacancies: 1
Salary/Hourly: $121,362.36 – $182,038.36
Work Details (Days/hours): 36.25hrs/week
Posted Date: 1/23/23
Existing or New: Existing
Deadline to Apply: 2/6/23
Make a difference
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy and Communications, this exciting leadership position directs the company’s strategic communications activities to strengthen and enhance Toronto Community Housing’s reputation and brand with all key audiences. Leads the development and implementation of external and internal communications strategies to inform, educate and engage audiences about the company’s work and its progress in achieving strategic goals and priorities. Provides counsel to the Vice President, Strategy Planning and Communications, executive leaders, and President and CEO and Board chair on leveraging communications opportunities, managing issues and mitigating reputational risk.
What you’ll do
Leads Toronto Community Housing’s Media relations, issues management, corporate communications and public relations functions.
- Develops communication strategies, including an annual integrated strategic communications plan, in support of corporate goals and priorities
- Aligns communications strategies and messages to reach tenants, staff stakeholders, the City and the public using media and direct channels
- Liaises with the Vice President, Strategy and Communications, executives and business leads to identify communications priorities and objectives and supports the Office of the CEO in the development of thought leadership platforms, speeches etc.
Directs the implementation of proactive communications with social and traditional media and directly to staff, tenants, stakeholders, the City and government
- Oversees the execution of media relations, public relations, corporate communications and issues management strategies
- Oversees the execution of internal communications and tenant communications programs and activities
- Liaises with TCHC business leads and communications counterparts at the City and TCHCs partners to plan and coordinate delivery of communications
Provides strategic counsel on how best to protect, enhance, and promote Toronto Community Housing’s reputation and brand
- Advises Vice President, Strategic Planning & Communications, executives, business leads and board on communication strategies in support of corporate priorities and objectives.
- Supports the Office or the CEO in the development of Communications.
- Prepares sensitive, confidential communication plans and products for the President and CEO, board chair, and executives
- Leads and coordinates the company’s response to manage contentious issues and mitigate reputational risk, including crisis and emergency response communications
- Supports the President and CEO, board chair and executives as corporate spokesperson
Leads and Manages a full service communications team to support implementation of corporate programs and priorities
- Oversees development of content for the external website, intranet, email, Twitter, YouTube and other digital channels
- Works in high pressure, fast moving, politically sensitive environment that can result in significant reputational risk to the corporation
- Occasionally attends media events and community meeting and events after hours and on weekends
- Occasionally works after hours and on weekends to address priority communications project and emergency/crisis communication needs
What you’ll need
- Degree or post-graduate diploma in corporate communications, public relations, marketing communications, journalism, or liberal arts or equivalent experience
- Membership in professional communication association (CPRS or IABC)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, public affairs, media relations or journalism with at lead 5 years in a public sector organization
- Windows (outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong technical skills and expertise in writing/editing, strategic planning, media planning, issues management, project management, digital communications & strategic counsel
- Demonstrated ability to network and build effective working relationships with senior management, tenants, peers, external clients, the media and other stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Political acuity, diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills to shift focus and response to changing priorities
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and contact you if we believe your skills and experience will make you successful in the role. If you are selected to move forward, the process will include one or more interviews and/or assessments and reference checks.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary and a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that meets the various needs of our diverse employees, including:
- Minimum three (3) weeks of paid annual vacation days, increasing with years of service;
- Four (4) paid personal days;
- Defined benefit pension plan with OMERS, includes 100-per-cent employer matching;
- Health and dental benefits, including a health spending account available upon your start date;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Maternity and parental leave top up (93% of base salary);
- Training and development programs including tuition reimbursement of $1500 per calendar year.
- Fitness membership discount;
This job offers the opportunity to work from home as part of a hybrid work arrangement. This arrangement will allow you to work some days at a TCHC work location and the rest of the time from home. The amount of time required to work at a TCHC work location is flexible, while considering operational and service delivery requirements.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.