Website Thunder Bay Public Library
Librarian Thunder Bay , ON
We Are Hiring … Come, Join Our Team Today!
Position Title: Librarian
Position Type: Permanent; 35 hours/week
Salary: Remuneration based on experience
Competition #: UA-2023-01
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Union Affliliation: CUPE 87-18
INSPIRE, GROW AND CONNECT
Working with the Thunder Bay Public Library and the Community
Everyone has the right to access the resources and services they need to learn, express themselves creatively, and reach their full potential.
The Public Library will be an inclusive, safe and welcoming community hub built around trust, understanding and collaboration to meet the community’s needs.
We are facilitators for the needs of our community. We partner with our community and strive to meet everyone’s needs for research, creativity, entertainment and support services.
We are…Inspired by our Community * Welcoming * Inclusive * Helpful * Sharers of Knowledge.
Reporting to the Head Librarian, the Librarian will be part of a team of operations staff that manage and run all patron facing services and are responsible for the smooth and efficient internal operations of the library system.
- Supervises library branch operations and takes in-charge responsibility for the library.
- Actively contributes to the collection of data and metrics and participates in the analysis of patron behaviour to identify opportunities for improving as well as creation of new services, programs and collections.
- Organizes library resources including staff, budget, buildings, programs, collections and services to increase community use of the library.
- Instructs, directs, supervises and evaluates staff to optimize their performance.
- Participates in staff hiring, training and orientation to create a skilled and diverse workforce which reflects the community.
- Participates in operational coordination, planning and communication to provide effective services and partnerships.
- Contributes to the system wide operational plan and specific library branch plans to deliver on the objectives of the Strategic Plan and management objectives.
- Manages and monitors approved projects to ensure effective time management, budget control, accountability, and performance.
- Participates in marketing and promotional activities to raise community awareness and performance.
- In collaboration with the librarian team, takes the lead on various projects as assigned.
- Engages in professional development and builds a culture of excellence with their peers and subordinates. Examples include developing expertise in a sub-set of library patrons (i.e. seniors, children, etc.) and/or in an operational aspect of the library (ex. digital services, programming, research, etc.).
- Takes responsibility for the performance of their staff and branch and, in consultation with their supervisor and peers, leads innovation and experimentation to deliver exceptional performance.
The position requires:
- Masters in Library Science.
- Progressive experience working in a public library system is preferred.
- Proven interpersonal, supervisory, communication, collaboration, problem solving, conflict management and resolution skills.
- Able to exercise reasonable judgement and empathy to establish and maintain effective relationships with patrons, staff, individuals, community groups and partners.
- Able to manage change and adapt readily to shifting priorities and strategic directions.
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Check.
- Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law
Please submit your cover letter and resume at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org As the competition is open until filled, interviews will take place as soon as the number of qualified candidates meets the threshold we have determined to conduct interviews.
For more information on the Thunder Bay Public Library, please visit our website at:
The TBPL is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
The personal information obtained under this job posting is collected under the authority of the Public Libraries Act, 1984 and will be used to assess qualifications of applicants.Questions about this collection should be directed to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Thunder Bay Public Library is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with DisabilitiesAct, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process, if you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact the CHM – HR at email@example.com .
Compensation: Starting wage $33.94
Closing date: Open until filled
Thunder Bay Public Library
Thunder Bay , ON
To apply for this job please visit www.tbpl.ca.