Website The Alberta Teachers' Association
The Alberta Teachers’ Association invites applications for the position of
Communications Officer, Public Relations and Social Media
Permanent Full-Time Position
Work Location: Barnett House (11010 142 Street NW), Edmonton
As the professional organization of Alberta teachers, the ATA promotes and advances public education, supports teachers’ professional practice and serves as the advocate for its members. The Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA) is proud to retain our status as one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers for consecutive years. We offer:
- A 35-hour work week, a minimum of four weeks of paid vacation, plus multiple other day-off categories to support your work/life balance
- A generous defined benefit pension plan and a competitive salary range of $77,939 to a current maximum of $100,273
- A full range of 100% employer-paid benefits for you and your eligible family members;
- Free on-site parking, outdoor patio, cafeteria, library, and multifaith/quiet spaces
- Recognition and development programs plus generous support for continuous staff education
Reporting to the Associate Coordinator, Communications and working closely with our communications team, this creative position provides top notch public relations, social media coordination and public engagement between large audiences and our Association. Your expertise and collaboration will make a difference to public education success in Alberta when you:
- Help plan and implement public relation activities around key initiatives and dates;
- Coordinate the Association’s social media presence and analyze social media metrics to maximize exposure;
- Contribute to media-related release plans and products such as public advertising campaigns to advance causes that are important to teachers, the Association, and public education in Alberta;
- Further develop and align social media guidelines and strategies for use by Association staff, leaders and subgroups;
- Serving on various committees to ensure key messages are captured and distributed;
- Provide support to large events by developing displays and being in attendance to take photographs, distribute materials, and communicate with participants;
- Ensure the ATA’s communications tools and platforms remain current and are positioned effectively to support future business needs.
If you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, digital marketing, a related field, (or equivalent);
- More than two years of experience as an administrator for an organization’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other prominent social media channels, including a strong ability to monitor engagement traffic metrics and adjust strategies accordingly;
- Project based social media strategy, product, and video creation experience with a large employer;
- An ability to travel occasionally and flex some work time to provide support to weekend events; and
- An ability to work collaboratively and creatively with both Association leaders and teachers;
Please apply by: Submitting a cover letter and resume to HR@ata.ab.ca. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled.
As a top employer and proud employer partner with the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, we encourage diversity, creativity, and strive to provide an inclusive employee experience.
Posted on Sep 14, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.