Website St. Joseph's Health Centre Guelph
Full Job Description
Corporate Communication Specialist
Full Time, Non-Union
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph (SJHCG) is a faith-based organization that is part of St. Joseph’s Health System. We live by our CARE values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence, and embed person- and family-centred care throughout our 240 long-term care beds, 104 hospital beds, and a variety of outpatient and community support services. Our staff complement of approximately 700 employees is committed to contributing to a healthy, safe, and respectful environment. If you are a passionate and highly motivated individual, looking to help us advance in our mission, vision and values, we look forward to you joining our team!
The Job Summary:
The Corporate Communications Specialist will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing high quality, strategic communications to support St. Joseph Health Centre Guelph’s (SJHCG) mission, vision and values. As an integral part of the leadership team, this role will lead communication activities for strategic projects and corporate initiatives within the organization. The Corporate Communications Specialist will also plan and execute strategies in a variety of areas including media relations, event planning, internal and external communications, community and stakeholder engagement.
The corporate communication specialist will be a key brand ambassador and proactively seek opportunities to promote SJHCG programs and services in the community and beyond.
Key Accountabilities & Success Criteria:
- Lead the development and execution of a communication strategy
- Lead the creation of the annual communications plan and budget based on SJHCG’s strategic priorities
- Develop and maintain photographs, videos and graphics that share the “St. Joseph’s story”
- Produce and edit highly creative written, visual and broadcast content for the SJHCG website and Intranet as well as, community, government, media and employee communication vehicles.
- Prepare key messages, backgrounders, speeches, presentations, promotional items, executive briefing notes, story pitches, media releases, fact sheets and press kits.
- Identify specific or unique communication delivery channels needed for stakeholder groups and champion communication solutions.
- Ensure all internal communications are focused on maintaining and strengthening SJHCG’s culture through strategic fit and appropriate tone and content, including compliance of brand guidelines.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a social media strategy using consistent processes, templates and tools.
- Lead and oversee corporate communication campaigns.
Build strong relationships with stakeholders, including staff, physicians, volunteers, patients, residents, and clients etc. to gather relevant content to inform and drive communications activities.
- Provide ongoing media monitoring of health and governmental news.
- Provide advice and counsel to members of the leadership team.
- Provide crisis communication and issues management support in the event of an emergency.
- Contributes to a transparent culture of client and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by SJHCG
- Promotes an environment that encourages and supports change using change leadership theory
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in communications, marketing or public relations.
- Work or volunteer experience in the health sector preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Superior writing, proofreading and editing skills with a flair for storytelling
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress
Knowledge of social media
- A high degree of comfort working independently
- Superior interpersonal skills and a commitment to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple and changing deadlines.
- Solid project management skills
- Experience managing or supporting development and maintenance of an Intranet.
- Must be able to attend functions outside normal business hours, as required.
It’s a great time to help shape how health care is delivered in Ontario. To apply to this exciting opportunity, please submit a curriculum vitae in confidence, outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position and the values of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph to:
SJHCG Applicant Tracking System https://sjhcg.startdate.ca OR
Visit us at www.sjhcg.ca
St. Joseph’s Health Care Centre Guelph recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all programs, facilities, and people. St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, and will work to accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontario for Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
We appreciate all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2022
To apply for this job please visit sjhcg.startdate.ca.