Website Soloway Wright LLP
Full job description
Soloway Wright LLP is seeking a part-time Librarian to join its excellent team of lawyers and staff. For over 75 years, Soloway Wright LLP has been one of the most successful and respected law firms in the National Capital Region and Eastern Ontario.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters of Library and Information Studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience or training and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. They must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate strong attention to detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ordering, receiving and cataloguing all new books and LSUC/OBA professional development programs for the library in conjunction with lawyer requests.
- Management of all print and online subscriptions.
- Maintaining the library catalogue using Resource Mate.
- Receiving and coding invoices for the accounting department.
- Conduct online research to retrieve cases and articles.
- Aid articling students on lawyer research requests by providing resources, advice and assistance as necessary.
- Retrieval of cases, books and articles for lawyers, students and staff, as necessary.
- Conduct inter-library book loans with private and institutional libraries.
- Ordering and coordination of professional development programs.
- Encouraging lawyers to attend professional development seminars and entering their hours on the law society portal.
- Providing 2L summer students with a library orientation session and ongoing research support.
- Responding to urgent after-hours requests when necessary.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master of Library and Information Studies; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience or training may be considered.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- High level of professionalism and initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
If interested in this position, please submit your application along with a copy of your resume.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soloway Wright LLP is an equal-opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Benefits: Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
• Do you meet the following education requirement: Master of Library and Information Studies; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience or training may be considered.
Education: Secondary School (preferred)
Experience: Librarian: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit solowaywright.com.