Website Sioux Lookout Public Library
Join Our Team! Experience the North!
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer/Chief Librarian with excellent leadership, management, administrative and customer service skills.
The CEO/Chief Librarian provides strategic leadership, excellent budgeting skills and strong technological abilities while supervising library operations and services, all under the direction of the Board while also complying with the Public Libraries Act.
· Up to 18-mth contract, full time position starts May 2024
· Starting/probationary wage is $49.86/hr, 37.5 hrs per week
· A detailed job description is available at the library or on the library’s website at: https://slpl.on.ca/jobpostings/
- Master of Library Information and Science or Certificate in Managing a Small Public Library (SOLS- EXCEL program) and/or a suggested minimum of 4-7 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a library setting and an understanding of the standards and legislation that apply to public Librarianship. Have a good understanding of information and information related technology and social media. Have a valid Vulnerable Sector Check.
- The Chief Executive Officer/Chief Librarian is responsible for providing strategic leadership and vision to the Board.
- The Chief Executive Officer/Chief Librarian administers, plans, organizes and directs all library operations and services under the direction of, and in accordance with, policies of the Board; advises the Board and makes recommendations concerning new policies and services; serves as the Secretary-Treasurer to the Board; sits on Board Committees (Finance/Personnel, Fundraising/Advocacy, Policy/Planning); serves as the Board’s representative to the community, to professional organizations, to the local municipal government, and provincial and federal government agencies.
- Daily coverage of the circulation desk and circulation desk activities is required.
- Creative leadership in developing programming delivery to the community and creating partnerships or liaison with other organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume addressed to;
Chief Executive Officer
Sioux Lookout Public Library
Application Deadline: Resume and cover letters must be received no later than March 12, 2024.
We thank all who apply, but ONLY those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Sioux Lookout Public Library will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with differing abilities. If selected to participate in recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure equal participation.
SIOUX LOOKOUT, ONTARIO
The north is calling you! Escape the bright city lights to discover the beauty of nature in Sioux Lookout. Whether that means days spent fishing, paddling a canoe across our lakes and rivers, or staring up at the night sky and discovering the beauty of the Northern Lights, Sioux Lookout is a nature-lover’s dream come true. But there is plenty to do and see within the community too.
Sioux Lookout is located in northwestern Ontario right in between Thunder Bay, Ontario and Winnipeg, Manitoba, about a 5 hour drive from each.
Please take the opportunity to learn about our community and unique features by visiting: https://www.siouxlookout.ca/en/our-community/our-community.aspx
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.