Website Saskatchewan Health Authority
Clinical Librarians support evidence-based practice in patient care, health education and clinical research by delivering a wide range of professional health information services. Librarians are responsible for conducting expert literature searching, providing in-depth reference services, instruction, and promotion. In addition, Librarians actively engage in program planning, collection development, special projects, and best practice improvement initiatives that support the organization, administration and strategic operations of the Library and the Health Authority. As a one year maternity leave placement, an adjustment of responsibilities may apply.
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree
- Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Registration with the Canadian Health Libraries Association
- Registration with the Saskatchewan Health Libraries Association
- 18 months previous experience in a health sciences library.
- Ability to identify, investigate and understand the information needs and information behaviour of clientele.
- Proficiency in the assessment and evaluation of various information technology tools and resources including Internet resources and bibliographic databases.
- Proficiency and familiarity with the content, structure, and search techniques of information resources including bibliographic databases and the Internet resources.
- Experience performing in-depth, strategic research and reference services and curating information to meet clients’ needs.
- Knowledge of information literacy theory and techniques and the ability to provide effective instruction.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage changing work volumes, competing projects and deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills such a tact and diplomacy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed environment and collaboratively as a contributing member of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement of professional knowledge and skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Travel within the Health Authority required.
Salary: $33.44 to $35.83 per hour depending on previous experience (3 step range)
Hours: 7:30am-4pm Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day (exclusive of a ½ hour meal period), with every 3rd Friday off.
Benefits: This is an SEIU West position. This position has 15 vacation days per year earned at the rate of 1 ¼ days per month worked.
SEIU West Collective Agreement: https://www.seiuwest.ca/saskatchewan_association_of_health_organizations_inc
Location: Home site: Saskatoon City Hospital in Saskatoon, SK. This position is a multi-site position.
Term: One year term, full-time. This is a maternity leave placement.
Send your application to email@example.com by June 29, 2022. Quote Job Number GO-00676231-1.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
$33.44 to $35.83 per hour depending on previous experience (3 step range)
Closes: 29 June, 2022
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Saskatoon , SK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.