Website Saskatchewan Health Authority Library
The Saskatchewan Health Authority library, Regina location invites applications for a one-year term Clinical Librarian position from individuals who are looking to work in an exciting and progressive organization. The Clinical Librarian is a member of a dynamic and award winning team providing provincial library services across a developing provincial Health Authority.
The SHA library provides access to approximately 300 electronic textbooks, 20,000 plus fulltext journals and a core suite of electronic databases. The main library is considered a virtual library delivered through the library’s website, with staffed physical locations in Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert. There are three locations in Regina: Regina General Hospital, Pasqua Hospital and the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre.
Clinical Librarians support evidence-based practice in patient care, health education and clinical research by delivering a wide range of professional health information services. Librarians are responsible for conducting expert evidence searching, providing in-depth reference services, teaching, and promotion. In addition, Librarians actively engage in cultivating relationships with SHA clinicians, review and assess collection needs, and collaborate on innovative initiatives that support the organization, administration and strategic operations of the Library and the Health Authority.
- Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Registration with the Canadian Health Libraries Association
- Registration with the Saskatchewan Health Libraries Association
- 18 months previous experience in a health sciences library
- Ability to identify, investigate and understand the information needs and information behaviour of clientele.
- Proficiency in the assessment and evaluation of various information technology tools and resources including Internet resources and bibliographic databases.
- Proficiency and familiarity with the content, structure, search techniques of information resources including bibliographic databases and the Internet.
- Experience in performing in-depth, strategic research and reference services and the subsequent synthesis, analysis, editing and filtering of information to meet clients’ needs.
- Knowledge of information literacy theory and techniques and the ability to deliver engaging teaching sessions.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage changing work volumes and competing projects and competing deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including superior tact and diplomacy.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills with Health Authority clients.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed environment and collaboratively as a contributing member of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement of professional knowledge and skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel).
- Experience using video creation software is an asset.
- Basic medical terminology
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Travel within the Health Authority required.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Those who thrive on working in a fast-paced, stimulating environment will be interested in joining our team. Interested applicants are invited to apply with resume and cover letter, quoting RHA job number RQ-00095625 by January 31, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply through the Health Careers In Saskatchewan website
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.