Website SAIT - the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Full job description
The Communications department: We are SAIT’s storytellers. Inspired and driven by the success of students and employees, we tell SAIT’s story using a number of internal and external channels. Our goal? To enhance and protect our institution’s 100+ year reputation as a leader in applied education. If you’re eager to share SAIT’s narrative and news through your writing, using our web sites and social media, or through special events such as convocation, we want to meet you.
The Communications team is recruiting for a Communications Specialist. The position is full time salaried. As a member of a fantastic team (we really are), you will contribute to our institutional communications strategy — engaging with SAIT’s eight schools and various administrative departments. You will enjoy working on a variety of projects that make an impact on SAIT’s strategic priorities, reputation and brand.
The successful candidate is a collaborative, self-motivated and creative doer who loves storytelling, who is a solid writer with an equally strong ability to use photography, video and social media. We want someone energetic who could be responsible for organizing and creating informative and engaging content. Someone who can take a story from concept to ongoing distribution — being strategic in achieving targeted metrics and engagement aligned to campaigns and the institution’s priorities.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
- strategic support to the overall communications program — including student communications, designated institutional priorities, communications campaigns and internal employee communications
- manage a portfolio of work specific to assigned audiences, clients and projects
- plan, source and create original content including story writing, video, photos and social media to be shared for internal and external audiences across multiple channels
- work lock-step with the entire Communications team to support and deliver creative content required for projects, campaigns and programs
- assist institutionally led bulletins, emails, social media and events as needed
- help partners meet their objectives by designing strategic plans and using the best channels to achieve their goal
- champion collaboration within the department, across the campus and with partners, to facilitate and maximize content development, sharing and exposure
- engage with departments and schools to ensure an integrated and strategic approach to content development and use, as well as content comprehension
- promote SAIT’s writing and style standards and uphold SAIT’s brand and reputation
- support and provide back up to entire team as required
- abide by and support all health and safety responsibilities
- follow and champion SAIT’s brand, style and social media guidelines
Qualifications & Experience
- a diploma or degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field
- a minimum of five years of relevant experience in post-secondary or business communications
- an in-depth knowledge of social platforms and best practice
- proficiency in the storytelling and the written word. Knowledge of CP Style is an asset
- proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office, Canva, InShot and the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
- photography and basic video and editing skills are an asset to the role
- WordPress experience is an asset
- a continuous improvement mindset and strong collaboration skills are critical to success in this role
- creative, strategic thinker with sound judgment
- demonstrated success in creating and executing communications plans and initiatives from start to finish
- strong interpersonal skills — able to work effectively with a variety of collaborators
- must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and work well under tight deadlines
- a doer who gets excited by new ideas
- ability to think independently while maintaining a collaborative approach
- discrete and ethical
Job Classification: INFORMATION OFFICER II – A5068
Salary Range: $73,736.00 – $77,001.60
Hours per week: 40
Posting End Date: September 25, 2023
A flexible Hybrid work model can be offered for this role in accordance with SAIT guidelines
View a summary of our benefits and perks for salaried employees.
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.