Website Rogers Sports & Media
Full Job Description
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you passionate about storytelling and local news? Do you have the skills required for working in a modern, multi-platform, continuous news operation, with an aptitude and desire to learn more? Are you a creative, solution-oriented thinker? Do you have the courage to find new ways to tell the story, no matter the platform? Then CityNews is looking for you. We have an opening for a next level full time video journalist position on the dynamic CityNews Montreal team.
What you will do…
- Pitches fresh, original stories
- Shoots, edits, reports and presents news stories on all platforms – including continuous posting to website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms, throughout the shift to engage audience
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Presents scripted and unscripted coverage live on-air and on other media platforms from remote locations and/or in-studio environment – including LIVE on social media platforms
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Generates compelling multi-media content
- Posts to digital throughout the day and writes articles for web content
- Be fluent in social media trends with personal accounts and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
What you will bring…
- Proven experience generating powerful, credible original content
- Proven experience operating a video camera and editing to deadlines
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to push for answers
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn’t feel bound by the confines of a typical Television reporter package
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing a compelling story
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of the city
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task, deliver great content under tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Ability to consistently generate original content ideas
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- On air experience and live presentation experience
- Must be bilingual (English and French spoken and written)
- Must have a full valid drivers licence
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career
- A team rooted in trust, honesty and empathy that wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1200, avenue McGill College (179), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 251019
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.