Website Rogers Sports and Media
Full Job Description
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a Part Time Reporter/Anchor/Producer!
Are you a budding storyteller, brimming with news ideas, and nowhere to put them? Does the idea of a fast-paced, multi-platform newsroom seem like your ideal environment? Then CityNews Ottawa wants you to join our team!
What you will do…
- Collaborate with our talented team of journalists to find the most compelling stories
- Find ways to tell those stories effectively on multiple platforms, with a special emphasis on audio storytelling and writing
- Field reporting when required
- Contribute original story ideas which leads to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Support your teammates by helping with all areas of the editorial process, from pitch to publish
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling stories on audio formats, while also contributing to digital and TV programming
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling – you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A developed sense of what kinds of stories Ottawa wants and needs to hear, with attention to our diverse communities
- Curiosity and a desire to push beyond the surface of news stories, and challenge the status quo
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put the team first, and an ability to work in service of a larger goal
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Because news never stops – a willingness to work weekends, evenings and overnights
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 2001 Thurston Drive (089), Ottawa, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 283919
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rogers.com.