Website Richmond Public Library
Librarian I (Special Collection Project) Richmond , BC
Richmond Public Library is looking for a temporary full-time (6 months) Librarian I to work at our Brighouse branch to research, plan and organize the Special Collection on Chinese Culture. Shifts may include evenings and weekends.
To ensure success in delivering our service model to a diverse community you have:
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA Accredited program
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills in Chinese.
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin; knowledge of the traditional and simplified Chinese scripts
- Strong skills in Chinese inputting, preferably using Pinyin or another common input method
- Enthusiasm for actively building new relationships with community
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and delivery
- Superior interpersonal skills that enable you to deal effectively and courteously with the public; strengthen the library’s ability to respond to diverse customer needs; and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and innovative work environment
- The ability to work independently
Indigenous candidates and candidates who speak languages in addition to English are welcome and encouraged to apply
An organization of real people with a reputation for innovation and responding quickly to our community’s needs. Your colleagues have a passion for literacy and life-long learning and a deep commitment to helping community by sharing their knowledge and expertise
A library system that provides diverse materials and learning spaces, and creates opportunities to learn, connect and belong
Competitive salary, benefits and growth opportunities
Please visit our website at https://www.yourlibrary.ca/about/jobs-at-rpl for more details and to apply. The application deadline date is midnight on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
While the Richmond Public Library thanks you in advance for your interest, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. A criminal record check is a condition of employment.
The Richmond Public Library has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior to start date as a condition of employment.
$36.48 – $43.07/hourly
Closes: 30 June, 2022
Richmond Public Library
Richmond , BC
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.