Rainy River Public Library Board
Position: Library Services Coordinator/CEO Permanent Part Time (25 hrs per week)
Location: Rainy River Ontario
The Rainy River Public Library Board is looking to hire a Library Services Coordinator/CEO who will provide outstanding library services to make a positive difference in our community. The position includes a range of library related tasks requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills. The Coordinator will manage daily operations to meet or exceed standards. The position requires a forward thinking self-starter who will take charge and advance the Library’s strategic direction to reflect its mission and values. Salary commensurate with experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Library Board, the Coordinator is responsible for the daily administration and operation of the Library as per established policies and the statutory requirements of the Public Libraries Act of Ontario.
• Budgeting, cataloguing, circulation, collections development, reference and reader advisory services, electronic services management, promotional activities and programming for children and adults.
•Preparing reports and grant applications, collating and data analysis, maintaining records, inventory management and facility maintenance.
• Collaborating with the Board to develop strategic plans, annual reports/budget and fundraising initiatives.
• Creating a pleasant, customer friendly environment for all ages. Resolve patron issues.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Library Sciences and at least 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified OR a completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that equals the education requirement AND/OR equivalent experience in a related field.
• Fluent computer skills using a wide range of software. Ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment.
• Ability to communicate professionally and work independently.
Conditions for Employment
• Legally entitled to work in the Province of Ontario.
• Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by mail or email to: Ms. Donna Moen, Chair Rainy River Public Library P.O. Box 308 Rainy River Ontario, P0W 1L0 email@example.com
Closing Date: DECEMBER 15, 2023.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Rainy River Public Library is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and a barrier free environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.