Website Parkland Regional Library System
Manager of Library Services – Lacombe , AB
Manager of Library Services – Parkland Regional Library System
With the end goal of improving service to library users, the Manager of Library Services is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of system library services to member libraries. This position reports to the Director.
A key member of the management team, the Manager of Library Services oversees a team that ensures Parkland’s autonomous member libraries and their boards receive professional training, marketing, advocacy, and technology support. This position also oversees Parkland’s own advocacy, and marketing efforts, communications, and contributes to overall strategic goals of the organization. Additionally, the Manager of Library Services supervises Parkland’s Collections Librarian who supervises a team responsible for cataloguing and interlibrary loan.
If you are passionate about supporting public libraries and helping small and rural communities thrive in the 21st century, this may be the job for you.
Ideally, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- You possess an MLIS degree or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
- You have a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- You have experience in the areas of marketing, communication, advocacy, human resource management, strategic planning, and adult learning.
- You are a strong leader who wants to manage a dedicated group of professional staff.
- You have a passion for delivering outstanding service to library staff and trustees, which will then benefit the people they serve.
- Your excellent oral and written communication skills combine with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are comfortable coaching individuals and leading groups.
- You possess a high level of competence with electronic information sources and new technologies, organizational and analytical skills, and a commitment to cooperative and innovative solutions.
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and clean driving record will be required. The flexibility to work evenings and weekends in service to member libraries is essential.
Parkland Regional Library System is a welcoming workplace which provides leadership, learning, and support to 49 central Alberta public libraries. As a learning organization, professional development is expected, encouraged, and supported. We are headquartered in Lacombe, a vibrant community just north of the City of Red Deer with easy access to Edmonton, Calgary, and the Rocky Mountains.
Parkland offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
To apply, interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the attention of Ron Sheppard, Director at email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to supply a writing sample, three references, and prepare a brief 5-to-10-minute presentation.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and the competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: $73,082 – $103,263
Parkland Regional Library System
Lacombe , AB
To apply for this job please visit www.prl.ab.ca.