Website Oxford County
POSITION: Associate Supervisor (Competition #2023-48)
LOCATION: Corporate Services – Thamesford & Tavistock
Casual Part-Time, various branches, hours vary, up to 20 hrs/week
Permanent Part-time – Tavistock – 5 hrs/wk, and/or at Thamesford – 15 hrs/week
REPORTING TO: Rural Community Librarian
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
WAGE RANGE: $27.29/hr – $34.11/hr
Maintains the day-to-day operations of a library branch in the absence of the Rural Community Librarian or Branch Supervisor. Associate Supervisors are not assigned to a particular branch library and are expected to be available to work on short notice. All Oxford County Library (OCL) employees are responsible for supporting the OCL’s values statement by supporting and promoting a welcoming environment, lifelong learning and innovation.
· Post-secondary education in Library studies or a related discipline is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working in a library environment and previous supervisory experience is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Advanced computer proficiency, including familiarity with and adaptability to new technologies. Knowledge of library software/ILS and systems are strongly recommended.
· Ability to interact respectfully with a variety of patrons and community groups and members
· Ability to demonstrate the required competencies for this position in alignment with Oxford County’s competency framework.
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, prioritize multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team.
· Knowledge of relevant trends, legislation and regulations.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: email@example.com
Please include the competition # and position title in the subject line of your email.
POSTING DATE: Thursday, May 18, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Monday, May 29th, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Oxford County is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the Corporation. Oxford County promotes representational and employment equity to represent and serve our communities well. Oxford County is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups. Oxford County is committed to fostering an accessible and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure the applicant’s full participation if requested. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you require any document in an accessible format, contact us via email, in person, by telephone, or in writing using the contact information below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.