Website Oshawa Public Libraries
Posted: September 8, 2023
Closed: October 2, 2023
OPL #11-2023b Manager, Programming & Community Engagement
Oshawa Public Libraries (OPL) is a large library system in the Greater Toronto Area serving its community through four (4) dynamic branches. OPL offers a robust offering of in-house and outreach programs for all ages, and has achieved success in engaging and developing community partnerships.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, you will lead the planning, development and promotion of programming across all OPL locations to ensure a consistent, high-quality experience for customers. With a team of dedicated staff, you will develop relationships with local community organizations and agencies, to deliver services and events that reflect the needs of our growing and changing community. You will be responsible for the supervision, professional development and performance management of departmental staff.
Job Title: Manager, Programming & Community Engagement
Current Location: McLaughlin Branch, Oshawa Public Libraries
Status: Full Time Permanent – 35 hours per week
Salary: Step 1 – $93,239 per annum
General Description of Duties:
- Leads and supervises staff in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and outreach activities
- Strengthens existing community relationships and develops new partnerships that promote the value of library services to the community
- Identifies and develops appropriate opportunities for OPL participation in outreach community organizations and events
- Ensures the achievement of strategic goals for area of responsibility
- Oversees and monitors program budgets
- Oversees the Visiting Library Services function
- Represents the Library on local community and regional committees
- Responsible for monitoring, collecting and analyzing program statistics
- Identifies potential sponsors for programs and events
- Hires new staff and delivers performance evaluations
- Identifies and participates in staff training
Skills and Abilities required:
- Demonstrated experience managing adult, teen and children’s programming
- Experience in event planning, community engagement and developing partnerships
- Ability to embrace and lead change in a dynamic environment
- Possesses superior problem-solving skills and demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach
- Demonstrated experience administering organizational policies, collective agreements and facilitating employee complaints including grievances in a unionized workplace
- Strong project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong digital literacy and technological skills
- Strong finance and budgeting skills including finding efficiencies in services and program delivery
- Demonstrated experience achieving departmental goals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy even when challenged
- Demonstrated ability in setting priorities, monitoring projects, and ensuring follow-through
- Drivers’ license required
- Will be required to work evenings & weekends as needed. This position is located onsite, in the Branch.
- Ability to uphold and promote the values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in their work.
- A Criminal reference check including a Vulnerable sector search required.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science or Equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant Program & Community Engagement
- experience in a Public Library including experience managing, leading and coaching in a unionized workplace
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Oshawa Public Libraries is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We uphold our values of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in the delivery of our services and in our workplace. The Oshawa Public Libraries encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical employment barriers to equity, this is including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and Racialized groups, People with Disabilities, Women and Persons within the 2SLGBTQ+ Community.
The Oshawa Public Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require Code-protected accommodation, through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted by Human Resources. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
To learn more about the Oshawa Public Libraries please see our website https://oshawalibrary.ca/
Interested applicants are requested to submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job # OPL 11-2023b. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not be accepting phone calls regarding this position. Questions can be sent to HR@oshawalibrary.on.ca
Competitive Salary & Benefits – Starting Salary $93,239 per annum based on a 35 hour work week
Closes: 2 October, 2023
Oshawa Public Libraries
Oshawa , ON
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.