Website North Vancouver District Public Library
Manager, Innovation & Learning – Lynn Valley Library – (JP#22-15L) North Vancouver
At North Vancouver District Public Library, we inspire learning, discovery, creativity and collaboration in our community. Serving almost 90,000 residents at three full-service locations and one Express Library throughout the beautiful District of North Vancouver, we are proud to provide free and equitable access to welcoming spaces, diverse collections and digital resources, a wide range of technology and computers, including StoryLab, and so much more. Proudly late-fine free, our libraries are the destination for our growing community to connect, share, and inspire.
NVDPL is looking for a talented IT service leader to join the Library’s exempt management team to enhance, manage and support the Library’s technology and digital environment and experience for our community and staff.
What we can offer you
At NVDPL, we believe in building community and relationships, nurturing innovation while honouring tradition, embracing exploration, creativity, and fun, and supporting human potential and enabling excellence. Reporting to the Director of Library Services, the Manager, Innovation & Learning executes the vision and provides leadership for the library’s digital services and technologies, develops innovative programs and services, and oversees the library’s technology infrastructure, including the website. The Manager, Innovation & Learning, in tandem with a small team, develops community connections to ensure the library is meeting community needs for learning, innovation, creation, and digital citizenship, as well as supporting the core digital service needs our internal IT infrastructure to support and empower an inspired staff.
The Manager, Innovation & Learning is connected to and collaborates with key external shareholders, including the District of North Vancouver and other funding and community partners.
What you’ll be doing
Exciting aspects of the role will include:
- leading the digital services and systems teams to coordinate a diverse and wide ranging technology base (e.g. corporate IT, Integrated Library System, web presence,public computing)
- leading the refresh of core systems, including the website and Integrated Library System
- integrating digital resources to shape a seamless user experience and supportingdigital approaches for technology integration to traditional library services.
- executing a vision for digital literacy, equity, creation, and innovation, brought to life through NVDPL’s digital creation and learning space, StoryLab
- taking on responsibility for technology budgets and asset management plans
- Working with the Library Director and a highly networked leadership team, you will also represent the Library on committees and organizations, and participate in the greater professional community.
What you’ll need to succeed
Your strengths lie in service management, co-ordination and project execution rather than raw technical skills. The ability to coordinate with the District’s IT department for select corporate IT services, and Library staff for information systems, front-end delivery, digital initiatives and business process improvement/digital transformation is key to success in the role.
Your qualifications include a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience and education. Your demonstrated professionalism; strategic understanding and knowledge of trends in current library technologies, experience with budget planning and financial management; and your commitment to the creative process and forward thinking in public service, will help ensure your success in this position.
It’s great if you have
- A Master of Library Science/Master of Library and Information Science degree or equivalent professional degree.
- Library experience, and/or experience managing academic computer labs or a learning commons would be a valuable asset.
North Vancouver District Public Library is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, barrier-free work environment. If you have a passion for connecting community, sharing knowledge, and inspiring stories, and you are interested in joining our dynamic team, then we’d like to hear from you!
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online only with your cover letter and resume at https://careers.dnv.org by September 26, 2022 to be considered for this competition.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the North Vancouver District Public Library and advise that only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Our libraries are located on the traditional territories of the səl̓ílwətaʔɬ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) First Nations. We are grateful for the opportunity to connect community, share knowledge and inspire stories on unceded Coast Salish Territory.
Pay Band 4 Salary Range – $49.45 – $54.90 per hour
Closes: 26 September, 2022
North Vancouver District Public Library
To apply for this job please visit careers.dnv.org.