Website MTE Consultants Inc.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Ensure the accurate capture of project critical information in a time-sensitive manner, including analysis, verification and entry into the database per protocols.
- Record completion and/or modify status of projects
- Create and maintain accurate client and contact records
- Maintain active records area, including analyzing documents, accurately filing documents and identifying and troubleshooting problems or compliance issues
- Identify purchasing needs and maintain vendor relationships
- Act as a reference resource to staff in various capacities including determining informational need, information and document search and retrieval, and conflict of interest searches
- Educate staff on records and information management guidelines, policies and procedures, and provide new staff orientations
- Assist in the creation, development and maintenance of outreach materials such as quick tips, procedures and compliance solutions
- Contribute to communications such as Intranet and newsletter
- Foster key relationships with those staff responsible for activities such as filing and project information submission and updating
- Assist with maintenance of inactive records, including filing and archiving and managing the physical space
- Assist with digital archiving per guidelines including organization and retention
- Identify records series per retention guidelines and execute disposition as required.
- Maintain legacy project lists and records
- Collection development activities such as coordination of purchasing and accurate cataloguing
- Maintenance and organization of digital reference library, respecting copyright legislation
- Maintenance and organization of physical library spaces
- Index and support special reference collections including aerial photographs, maps and reference drawings
- Provide in person support to all five regional offices as required
- Participate in acquisition activities such as onboarding, collections assessments and intake
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Degree or diploma in Records and Information Management or a related field, Or equivalent in experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in an active records or library environment is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to monitor and analyze findings
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and good proofreading skills
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Comfortable operating standard office equipment and ability to lift records boxes up to 50 lbs.
- A valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Mileage for work-related travel will be reimbursed
- Knowledge of and/or experience with engineering, environmental science or Ontario Legal Survey is an asset
MTE Consultants Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Shared Ownership in Our Employee Owned Company
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Technical Development and Career Opportunities
- Social and Supportive Culture; and much more!
Please apply to:
MTE Consultants – Human Resources
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Agencies, please.
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.