Website Minot State University
Collection Management Librarian
Position Number 13057
The Gordon B. Olson Library at Minot State University, Minot, North Dakota, invites applications for a full-time Electronic Resources and Collection Management Librarian.
· Coordinate collection development.
· Maintain the serials collection.
· Monitor accessibility and usage of serials and electronic resources.
· Work with faculty to develop the collection in assigned subject areas.
· Collaborate with academic departments to provide collection information for program reviews and accreditation reports.
· Provide reference services as scheduled, during the day as well as on regularly-scheduled evenings and weekends.
· Serve on campus committees.
· Contribute to ongoing assessment of library collections, policies, and services.
This position requires a Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library science program. Other required qualifications include: excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues, students, faculty, administration and the public.
Additional qualifications that we are looking for in the successful candidate include experience working in an academic library, experience managing a collection development program, expertise in using the SUSHI protocol for harvesting library statistics, reference skills, proficiency using standard office software and library online tools, and strong organizational and project-management skills.
The salary range is $42,000 to $50,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive fringe benefit package includes employer-paid full family coverage for health insurance, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and tuition-waiver benefits.
About Minot State University
The Gordon B. Olson Library is a medium-size academic library with six full-time librarians. Founded in 1913 as a Normal School, Minot State University is the third-largest public university in North Dakota. We serve a diverse student body of approximately 3000 students and offer more than 80 degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Minot, North Dakota (population 47,000) is a safe community with a high quality of life. It affords more cultural and recreational opportunities than might be expected for a town of its size.
To apply, please visit: https://www.minotstateu.edu/hr/jobs/
Please submit a letter of application, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three references.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.minotstateu.edu.