Website Milton Public Library
Manager, Main Library Milton , ON
Milton Public Library is committed to inspiring through discovery, collaboration and creation.As one of the fastest-growing municipalities in North America, Milton Public Library (MPL) is an award winning system focused on innovation. MPL empowers the community to: Read. Learn. Create. Connect.
Position: Manager, Main Library
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range: $95,865.76 – $119,831.42
The Manager, Main Branch actively participates in the general planning and management of Milton Public Library. The focus of the position is management and operations of the Main Branch of MPL and who works with the other Branch Managers in the delivery of programming and exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible for the operation and management of Main Branch, which includes, but not limited to: oversight of facility needs, customer service excellence and resolving customer service issues.
- Manages assigned staff, including but not limited to hiring, scheduling, promotion, evaluation, training coaching, supervision, progressive discipline including recommending dismissal of direct reports.
- Participates in the development and achievement of goals and objectives specific to areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the development of the Library’s Capital and Operating Budgets and manages the associated budgets related to areas of responsibility.
- Works in collaboration with the Collections Management Team to oversee the merchandising and maintenance of MPL’s collections, in all formats.
- Participates in long-range planning of branches, including but not limited to: existing and future facilities, policy and procedure development, service planning and coordination.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of relationships with vendors and service providers, as required.
Identifies trends in areas of responsibility and uses statistics and other metrics for the purpose of short, medium and long-term planning.
- Participates in the development of system-wide services and procedures that provide a positive environment and a high-level of excellence to the public.
- Writes and implements grants for areas of responsibility.
- Actively participates in networking and community partnerships and on external and internal committees and attends meetings, courses and conferences as required.
- Works in collaboration with the broader Management Team.
- May serve as a Management representative on various committees.
- Participates in publicity, community relations, and special projects and events.
- Attends and participates in Library Board meetings as required
- Carries out the responsibilities of the Director, Customer Experience as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MLS / MLIS degree or equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years’ of Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in community programming and customer service operations
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a union environment
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Superior facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of development in library field and relevant legislation
- Proven ability in managing change
- Works to frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works primarily Main but can work at any MPL library location or offsite as necessary
- Works 35 hours per week and other hours as required for meetings, business/social events and special projects, and weekends and evenings as required
- Supervises in a unionized workplace
- Customer Service Associates
- Customer Service Assistants
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter indicating how they meet the qualifications of this position by 5:00 pm on 30 August 2022 quoting posting 22-24 to:
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
The Milton Public Library thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSO 1990, for recruitment purposes. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: Chief Librarian, Milton Public Library, 1010 Main Street East, Milton, ON, L9T 6H7
The Milton Public Library is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accom1modation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Compensation: $95,865.76 – $119,831.42
Closes: 30 August, 2022
Milton Public Library
Milton , ON
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.