Website Loyalist College
Full job description
Salary: $32.42 – $37.57 Hourly
Location: Main Campus: Belleville, ON
Job Type: Initiatives/Opportunities
Job Number: 2023-00150
Department: Marketing & Communications
Opening Date: 09/18/2023
Closing Date: 9/25/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: OPSEU421-SS-FT
Program: Marketing and Communications
Start Date: ASAP
Start Rate: $32.42
Payband: G $32.42 (start rate) – $37.57 (4 yr rate)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Length of Term: 12-month assignment
Closing Date for Internal Consideration: 09/25/2023
Posted in accordance with Article 17 of the Full-Time Support Staff Collective Agreement, internal candidates as defined in the Collective Agreement will be given first consideration.
Agency: Loyalist College
Address: 376 Wallbridge Loyalist Rd.,Belleville, Ontario, K8N 5B9
Loyalist College is built upon the lands governed by the Dish with One Spoon wampum agreement. We affirm and thank the Haudenosaunee, Anishinaabeg and Huron-Wendat nations for their continued caretaking of the land. At Loyalist, we empower our students with wraparound support services and hands-on training to succeed on any path they choose. Our academic programs are responsive and innovative, designed to solve pressing social and economic challenges and meet the evolving needs of our regional industry and community partners. Our graduates enter the workforce equipped with the knowledge they need to be better global citizens, and with future-focused skills to lead change in their fields. With a presence in Belleville, Bancroft, Port Hope, Tyendinaga and Toronto, we believe our institutional responsibility extends beyond the classroom to seeing the big picture for the communities we serve. Our expertise in applied research and deep connections to local industry support economic development, to the benefit of businesses, entrepreneurs, changemakers and innovators. Our commitment to decolonization, and the pursuit of a more inclusive, equitable world, means we hold ourselves accountable to the diverse perspectives, cultures and experiences that shape our communities.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, Marketing and Events, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the College’s communication and event needs. Working closely with internal stakeholders, the Communications Officer identifies narratives to be highlighted; conducts information interviews with students, alumni, staff and donors; produces communication pieces and identifies effective channels of communication aimed at promoting Loyalist College and attracting, engaging and building our internal and external profile.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and curate content for various communication channels, including newsletters, press releases, social media, and the organization’s website.
- Ensure that all content is clear, consistent, and aligned with the organization’s messaging and branding.
- Monitor media coverage and prepare reports on the organization’s media presence.
- Facilitate internal communication by disseminating important information to employees, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Create and distribute internal newsletters, announcements, and updates to keep everyone informed and engaged.
- Create engaging social media content, schedule posts, respond to comments and messages, and analyze social media metrics to optimize performance.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to align communication efforts with marketing campaigns.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Completion of a two-year diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Journalism or related field of study.
- A minimum three (3) years of related experience
- Excellent writer; a storyteller with strong communication and listening skills, open to incorporating feedback and critique, and appreciative of nuances of language and meaning.
- Self-starter; strong digital creative instincts with little supervision. Capable of collaborative workflow.
- Innovator and idea generator; willing to take risks and responsive to the creative ideas of others, hands-on, approachable and accessible
Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits for Full-time Initiatives/Opportunities Staff include:
- These positions are full-time positions within the Full-time Support Staff bargaining unit in which the established termination date is known at the time the position is created. The Initiative/Opportunities position may not exceed twenty-four (24) consecutive months unless extended with written agreement of the Local Union.
- A comprehensive Extended Health & Dental Plan (covering 85% of eligible paramedical services up to a combined maximum of $2,000 in any calendar year): College Employer Council website with Benefit Booklet
- A defined benefit pension plan with CAAT pension where you will enjoy the certainty of predictable and secure lifetime pension payments: CAAT pension website
- Life and accident insurance
- Out-of-country travel insurance
- Pregnancy and parental leave, including a top-up to Employment Insurance benefits
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities and 3 paid professional development days/year
Work Life Balance Matters at Loyalist College
Full-time Initiatives/Opportunities staff can expect:
- After 1 year of service, vacation entitlement starts at 15 days
- December closure period without loss of pay for scheduled hours
- Employee Family Assistance Plan – provides timely short-term counselling and consultation assistance to employees and their immediate family
- Fitness Centre Membership – exclusive facilities for use by Staff and Students only on the Belleville Campus free of charge
- An Inclusive and Accessible Workplace
To apply for this job please visit gjobs.neogov.ca.