DISCOVERY AND SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN
Trent University Library and Archives
Full-Time; Limited-Term (6 month with possibility of extension); Peterborough & Durham Campus
Anticipated Start Date: January 2024
Reporting to the University Librarian, the Discovery and Systems Librarian:
· Coordinates maintenance of the Omni (Ex Libris Alma and Ex Libris Primo VE) library services platform (LSP), the Leganto resource management system, EZ Proxy, and other library software, as required.
· Local project manager for systems design and implementation of discovery and inventory tools using vendor APIs, and other select projects.
· Coordinates staff training and support for library systems, including documentation.
· Tests, troubleshoots, and resolves matters related to library systems, communicating with stakeholders on recommendations and outcomes.
· Serves as Institutional Lead for Trent University within OCUL Collaborative Futures.
· Makes recommendations for budget expenditures relating to library systems and software needs.
· Gathers statistical data and reports to inform policy, and to support the collection of data and reporting of CARL, OCUL, and other requested statistical sets.
· Participates on committees, working groups, and project teams to contribute to the development of both Library & Archives and University strategic initiatives and projects.
· Works collaboratively with the Scholarly Resources Librarian on developing, reviewing, and refining procedures and documentation for acquisitions, cataloguing, and print and electronic serials management, and for delivering training for these areas.
· May occasionally be required to work non-standard hours for system implementation and upgrades, and/or to resolve system issues.
· Masters degree in Library & Information Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
· 1-3 years’ experience working with an integrated library system or library services platform.
· Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems
· Experience as a library administrator with Ex Libris Alma or similar library service platform
· EZ Proxy maintenance experience
To see the complete application, please visit the Trent University website.
To apply for this job please visit www.trentu.ca.