Website King's University College
A Place to Be. A Place to Become.
Information Resources Assistant (Electronic Resources, Serials & Emerging Technologies) – Job Reference # 202303-04
This position works closely with the Information Resources Assistant (Acquisitions: Monographs/Serials) and Information Resources Assistant (Cataloguing, Archives and Records Management), physically receiving and quality checking all incoming media, assisting with copy cataloguing of monographs as required and ERM linking for streaming videos and e-books. The successful candidate handles the ongoing development and maintenance of the e-resources collection (databases, serials and e-books), manages and maintains streaming video on various platforms (Kanopy. McIntyre, ALSP). They will also provide data analysis, user support and troubleshooting assistance for library electronic resources. Utilizing the Acquisitions and Serials modules of the shared integrated library system (Ex Libris/Alma), the incumbent is responsible for receiving and processing serial invoices, updating and amending departmental serials lists and assisting with deselecting projects. The incumbent manages the print and pdf material required for Reserves in Ares ensuring that PDF scans are AODA complainant. The incumbent assumes an administrative role in the management of Springshare software that manages the library research guides and room-booking calendar. This position is the key contact for all work tickets submitted to ITS, maintaining collegial and cooperative working relationships with ITS.
- Library Technician’s Diploma or the equivalent from a recognized institution
- Bachelor degree in a Liberal Arts discipline is preferred
- Minimum two years of library experience
- Detailed Knowledge of electronic resources, such as e-journals, databases and e-books, and experience in acquiring them is required.
- Knowledge of internet communication protocols, software and networking as they apply to electronic library resources.
- Knowledge of library acquisition procedures.
- Knowledge of basic Finance/accounting practices
- Experience with ExLibris Alma is preferred.
- Experience in accounting procedures and business spreadsheets are desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required, including the ability to communicate and interpret library policy and procedure in dealing with other library staff, faculty and student employees.
- Must be attentive to detail, organized and accurate in daily tasks.
- Experience with web-based tools is essential, including advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), web browsers (Firefox, Explorer, Chrome & Safari), course-management systems (Sakai), desk-top publishing software (LibGuides), online room and equipment booking calendars, and email.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively, in an open and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to achieve an even workflow, meet project deadlines and departmental goals is essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
TYPE OF JOB:
Regular Full-time (35 hours per week)
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
SSG 8 – $47,412 – $57,765, per annum, dependent on experience
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. email@example.com.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 4:30pm
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-3491 for assistance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.