Website Island Health
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Responsible for the organization, administration and operation of library service for all Island Health Facilities, the Medical Librarian, Library Services collects, organizes, maintains and facilitates the location and access of information resources.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle; and Valid BC Driver’s License.
Education, Training And Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in library or information science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program, and three (3) years recent related experience. Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences desirable.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, superiors, physicians, management, and staff.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Work independently and effectively with others in a team-based organization
- Utilize sound judgment
- Possess collaborative problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to plan, organize and establish priorities
- Ability to undertake research and/or analysis of concepts or assigned projects
- Utilize multiple computer software programs including electronic mail to optimize the efficiency of the service
- Function effectively in an environment characterized by change
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.