Website Grey Highlands Public Library
Coordinator, Programming & Outreach
Flesherton , ON
The Grey Highlands Public Library is now accepting applications to fill the position of Coordinator, Programming & Outreach. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of programming (adult focus) and outreach, including partnerships and special events. The Coordinator is also responsible for the ongoing management and development of innovative digital content to be featured on the Grey Highlands Cultural Channel.
Tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and facilitating a regular schedule of in-person and online programs, events, and workshops, with emphasis on responding to the interests and needs of adults and young adults. May involve creating content that would be featured on the Library’s Cultural Channel.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers to assist with the planning and execution of programs and events.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with community groups, local businesses, and service organizations that supplement the Library’s mission and goals.
- Work with the Digital Services and Branch Manager to promote the Library’s programs and outreach initiatives to the community in coordination with marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate must possess the following education, skills, & abilities:
- Postsecondary education in library and information services, communications, journalism, or a relevant discipline.
- Masters in Library and Information Science preferred; demonstrated experience or transferable skills are also welcome.
- Experience in a public library setting with a minimum of three years of related job experience desired.
- Intermediate level proficiency with technology core competencies (as defined by the Ontario Library Service).
Candidates for the above position are invited to submit resumes, preferably by e-mail, referencing “Coordinator, Programming & Outreach” prior to 3:30 PM on Wednesday, July 6, 2022, to Jennifer Murley, CEO/Chief Librarian, 101 Highland Drive, Flesherton ON, N0C1E0, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Grey Highlands Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. This document can be made available in other accessible formats as soon as practicable and upon request. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to, Vulnerable Sector Check Searches, and Investigative Employment References.
Closes: 6 July, 2022
Grey Highlands Public Library
Flesherton , ON
To apply for this job please visit www.greyhighlandspubliclibrary.com.