Website Global News
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB
About the Role:
Global Edmonton’s News Department is currently seeking a permanent full-time Anchor to join their news team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience anchoring and reporting in a large market. They will hold a degree/diploma in Journalism from a recognized post-secondary institution and possess a strong background in broadcast and online journalism. This position reports to the Station Manager/News Director.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Co-anchor Global News Hour – Monday through Friday including radio newscasts as needed
- Produce local news content from video gathered in the field along with affiliate, national and international content
- Create and write strong, enterprise digital and social media content
- Work with Executive Producer and Managing Editor on breaking news coverage and execution
- Display creativity in production techniques to ensure all content is compelling
- Anchor other newscasts as required including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Participate in the research and development of original, creative story ideas
- Participate in Global Edmonton promotional & community activities
- Perform other duties as required
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary diploma, certificate or equivalent, in a broadcasting or related field
- A minimum of 5 years on-air experience in a major market newsroom environment
- Demonstrated ability in multi-functional asks such producing
- Strong on-air presentation skills with an emphasis on live, interview and unscripted material
- Ability to engage and inform viewers online and through social media
- Strong desire to become a very important part of Global Edmonton’s community outreach.
- This will include attending, leading, public events as required
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.