Website Edmonton Public Library
Director, Branch Services Edmonton , AB
Are you an innovative leader who can inspire staff and customers alike? Are you knowledgeable and passionate about public libraries, intellectual freedom and accessibility? We are looking for an experienced leader with exceptional communication skills who can engage staff, model excellent customer service, inspire teams and build community.
What we’re looking for:
As a senior leader within a system-wide team environment, the Director, Branch Services has a significant impact throughout EPL. Your exemplary ability to coach and develop staff is fundamental to this position. You are diplomatic, collaborative and committed to supporting an environment of respect and accountability.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Customer Experience you will work collaboratively with senior leadership to provide leadership and support by:
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring approximately ten service point managers.
- Ensuring coordinated and co-operative delivery of service within the library system.
- Executing priority actions and business plan goals, when assigned as lead or project sponsor.
- Advising and consulting with senior management on major team initiatives such as employee engagement and capital projects.
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of EPL strategic plan and other major system wide initiatives.
- Collaborating with HR Services to manage human resource matters.
- Supporting and contributing to building projects in collaboration with the Director, Facilities, Executive Director, Customer Experience and CEO.
- Supporting the Executive Director, Customer Experience in leading the process of planning and delivery of services, programs and initiatives to ensure customer needs and system-wide goals are met (including management of facilities planning, budget, staffing, etc.).
- Master of Library and Information Studies degree from an ALA accredited program.
- Minimum of eight years of related experience is required, including management and leadership experience.
What do you need to bring to this position?
- Strong commitment to customer service and collaboration.
- Ability to successfully build, coach and mentor diverse teams and individuals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to influence behaviors and decision making in a supportive and constructive manner.
- Effective analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Superior time management with the ability to organize multiple projects and priorities.
- Project leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Exceptional communication abilities including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong commitment to the Community-Led Service Philosophy and CFLA positions on Intellectual Freedom and Diversity and Inclusion to library services and programs.
Note: Suitable candidates with less than 8 years of related experience may be considered on a developmental basis.
Pay Band: $122,544 to $153,179 per annum.
Who we are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it’s very simple – We share. We share stories, ideas and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. Great libraries shape great cities and Edmonton has a great library.
Note: Satisfactory background screening is required for this position which includes a Criminal Record Check/Police Information Check.
COVID-19 Notice: The Edmonton Public Library requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved vaccination accommodation prior to commencing employment with EPL.
To apply: For more information about this position and other careers available at the Edmonton Public Library, please visit www.epl.ca/careers and apply online. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: $122,544 to $153,179 per annum.
Closes: 30 January, 2023
Edmonton Public Library
Edmonton , AB
To apply for this job please visit edmonton.taleo.net.