East Gwillimbury Public Library (www.egpl.ca) serves the fastest growing municipality in Canada. East Gwillimbury is a community made up of several growing urban areas and villages and is in the northern part of York Region. We value creativity and pride ourselves on providing excellent customer and employee experiences. Branches are in the communities of Holland Landing and Mount Albert, with a third location currently being developed and designed.
East Gwillimbury Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and creative individual for the position of Customer & Community Services Specialist. This position’s primary focus is to deliver and promote innovative programs, outreach, and services to meet community needs. Working at both locations, you will provide welcoming and engaging service by providing instruction, in-depth information, and readers’ advisory services to the public of all ages and assist with technology questions. You will be responsible for staff supervision and branch operations in the absence of the branch manager.
• Library Techniques Diploma or combination of post-secondary education and equivalent experience as determined by the employer
• Minimum one (1) year of public service experience
• Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of library programming (e.g., family storytimes, STEAM programs, school outreach visits, etc.)
• Experience in providing training with various technologies and library resources
• Proficiency in actively managing internal and external relationships and community partnerships
• Ability to provide in-depth reference, reader’s advisory and circulation services
• Demonstrated knowledge of library services, operations, and policies
• Competence with social media
• Able to manage shifting priorities in a busy environment and work with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem solving, mature judgment, and exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in English (verbal, writing, and reading)
• Knowledge of other languages an asset
• Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system an asset
• Some travel is required
• Successful candidate will be required to produce a police check dated within 12 months
Hourly Rate: $28.35 per hour
Status: Part-time, permanent
Schedule: Average of 20 hours weekly, including evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Please email a covering letter and résumé addressed to:
Aysha Khan, Coordinator, Administrative Services
East Gwillimbury Public Library
19513 Yonge Street
Holland Landing, ON L9N 1P2
Deadline: October 3, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
East Gwillimbury Public Library is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and have established policies, procedures, and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards of the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please notify the contact person identified in this posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.