Website Drumheller Public Library
Assistant Director Drumheller , AB
The Assistant Director works in partnership with the Director to fulfill the vision laid out in the library’s current Plan of Service, support day-to-day activities on both the administrative and operational sides of the library’s functioning, and serve as acting Director in the Director’s absence.
- Assists with staff management: e.g., Assists with ongoing staff development; Participates in the screening of applicants for vacancies; Supports communication between staff and management; Consults regarding disciplinary actions as required.
- Assists with collection development: e.g., Participates in selection and deselection of library materials as requested.
- Assists with administrative duties: e.g., Participates in the development of library policy and procedures; Represents the library at professional and committee meetings as arranged with the Director; Processes incoming monies and makes bank deposits.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant electronic devices (e.g., tablets, ActivBoard, microfilm reader, Nintendo Switch) and coordinates related staff training and patron programming as required.
- Coordinates adult programming: e.g., Recruits presenters for author visits and travel nights; Works with other staff members to plan and promote other adult programming.
- Know and consistently implement the Library Board’s Bylaws and Policies, library guidelines, and established emergency procedures.
- Contribute to maintaining a positive atmosphere for coworkers, patrons, and visitors.
- Assist with circulation and front desk duties, maintaining an orderly collection of materials, and interlibrary loan services.
- Maintain current operating knowledge of all library equipment.
- Maintain competency with online resources and train patrons in their use as requested.
- A minimum of one year’s supervisory experience. MLIS or related qualification complete or in progress is an asset.
- Understanding of and dedication to professional library principles, values, and best practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Commitment to providing friendly, welcoming, and inclusive service.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Flexibility in undertaking varied tasks as assigned by the Director.
- Reasonable availability for evening and Saturday shifts.
Hours of Work:
- 30 hours/week
- Acceptance of the Overtime Agreement for time off at regular pay in lieu of overtime pay.
- $22-23.50 per hour to start, dependent on education and experience. Benefits after a 3-month probation include optional participation in the library’s Chamber of Commerce Benefit Plan, 5% paid directly to the staff member’s RRSP account, paid sick time, and paid community volunteer time.
- Increments are normally related to cost of living, performance, and/or increased responsibility.
- Vacation entitlement will increase as hours-worked requirements are met. Increase schedule will be made available upon request. Vacation time will be available after completion of the probation period.
Application deadline: We will begin scheduling interviews by January 14th. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to Emily Hollingshead, Director of Library Services.
Compensation: $34,980 – 37,365
Closes: Open until filled
Drumheller Public Library
Drumheller , AB
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.