Full Job Description
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 113686
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
Are you a creative communicator who thrives in a high paced environment? Think you’ve got what it takes to translate technology information into something people not only understand but also get excited about?
Join the Information Technology Services at Deloitte at a time when all eyes are on us as we merge into a hybrid way of working!
What will your typical day look like?
No two days are the same as the Communications Manager in ITS. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic messaging to support the overall brand and key project/program initiatives
- Consulting with stakeholders, build communication strategies, plans and success criteria
- Executing communication initiatives from concept to execution
- Leading the creation of communication materials based on best practice, utilizing multiple channels and mediums (i.e. digital media, presentations, live events, newsletters, focus groups, surveys, video, corporate social media etc.)
- Identifying specific or unique communication delivery channels needed for client groups and championing communication solutions
- Bringing creativity to all communications to drive technology adoption and increase brand awareness
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of communication tactics, apply learning to processes and adjust approaches to demonstrate return on communication investment
- Your audiences? The thousands of practitioners across Deloitte who depend on the tools and support provided by ITS, the hundreds of ITS professionals spread across Canada, Chile, and India who stay connected through effective communications, and various other stakeholders on the national and global scale.
About the team
Do you enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Deloitte, Information Technology Services is the place for you. Our team values diversity in not only the composition of the team but also in thought. We like to work hard but also have fun. The team is highly supportive of one another and we believe that each person has a role to play on the team. In this role you will have direct interaction and influence with all the senior leaders of the IT organization. You will be writing for and providing communications advice to the senior leaders, including the CIO.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French. Spanish is an asset.
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations (Bachelors/Masters) degree or a similar discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience focusing on strategic communications, including 5 years in an information technology environment.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing creative and effective external and internal communications programs that reach diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading.
- Strong organization, planning skills with the ability to manage multiple and changing deadlines and priorities (i.e. last minute requests) with solid project management skills.
- Strong ability to adapt writing styles for various purposes for different media requirements and different audiences.
- High level of creativity for communications, public relations and marketing strategies.
- Strategic thinking combined with an excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Office 365 tools.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deloitte.ca.