Website Courthouse Libraries BC
Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC) is currently searching for a librarian.
This position is in New Westminster with coverage in Vancouver. Ability to cover in Abbotsford occasionally is a plus.
CLBC is a province-wide independent not for profit society. Our vision is that everyone in BC has ready access to the legal information and resources they need. CLBC provides the legal community and public with legal resources, librarian expertise and informed referrals, to help people research and manage their legal issues.
CLBC operates several programs that help us achieve this vision including direct information services, digital services (CLBC Website, Clicklaw, Clicklaw Wikibooks), training for public library staff (LawMatters Program), and training for the legal community. We are looking for a team member with a customer service focus to provide information services, develop content/curate resources for our digital services, support our training and outreach activities, and to share the responsibility for the day-to-day functioning and maintenance of the library.
We offer a supportive workplace, where we value diversity and work-life balance. You will be scheduled for 35 hours per week. Workdays are Monday to Friday and hours can be scheduled between 8:00am and 4:30pm. This is a permanent position to begin as soon as possible.
Librarians who are early in their career are encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working within a collaborative province-wide team in-person and virtually via Zoom, MS Teams etc.
- Supporting colleagues to develop and grow the training programs and support we provide to our clients.
- Delivering in-person and online tours, presentations, orientations and training to professionals, such as the legal community, public librarians, community workers.
- Working collaboratively to develop legal information resources, such as supplementary reference tools and guides to support training initiatives, and to develop digital content that supports staff as well as clients in their search for information.
- Being an ambassador for CLBC by promoting library services and maintaining relationships with organizations in the community, such as court services, the judiciary, Bar Associations, local public libraries, etc.
- Providing direct assistance to clients, including:
– answering reference questions, and providing effective referrals
– supporting clients to find and use print and digital information
– taking and filling document delivery orders
- Working with the CLBC collections team to share knowledge and awareness of client trends and requests, and new resources.
- Assisting with day to day maintenance of the library, including facilities and equipment.
What You’ll Need
- Master of Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited university
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with clients, colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to set boundaries and use good judgment
- Willingness and humility to ask for assistance and team support
- Ability to adapt to the needs of different audiences
- Ability to be flexible and work independently as well as part of a team
- Customer service experience
- Comfortable working as the only library employee in our New Westminster location on occasion
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is an asset
- Ability to travel within BC is an asset
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to master information sources and new technologies quickly
- Interest in providing access to justice for all members of our community and a desire to incorporate anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion practices in your work
CLBC believes that a diverse team is necessary to do a good job of serving a diverse public. Lived experience as a member of an equity-seeking group is a preferred attribute.
How to Apply
Please apply at: Job Posting Librarian
Please include in your cover letter how you meet the requirements of the position. The deadline for applications is Monday, October 9, 2023.
If you are selected during this process, you will be required to:
- participate in an in-person, video and/or telephone interview
- complete satisfactory reference check and criminal records check
CLBC’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and CLBC deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Courthouse Libraries BC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society, working together in an environment of equity, inclusion and respect. Persons from equity seeking groups are encouraged to self-declare.
We thank all who apply and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: $35.66 per hour
Closes: 9 October, 2023
Courthouse Libraries BC
New Westminster , BC
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.