Website County of Bruce
Lead Branch Supervisor Walkerton , ON
The Corporation of the County of Bruce Requires a Lead Branch Supervisor
Full Time – Library Services – Cargill/Walkerton
“Bold and beautiful Bruce County… a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation.”
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Lead Branch Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of two or more branches in the County Library system, and corresponding branch staff. The Supervisor is responsible for circulation, programming, collection maintenance and community outreach.
The position works in both locations with a standard work week of Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm with some flexibility required for occasional evenings and weekends.
Wage Range: $69,870 – $82,209 annually
Knowledge and Skills:
- Two-year diploma in Library and Information Technician or SOLS EXCEL certificate plus three years of experience working in a library.
- Three years of previous experience, with at least two years in a supervisory position in a unionized environment.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems.
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance.
- Ability to manage files from start to finish.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies.
- Experience with coaching and employee development.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to supervisor and manager support staff.
- Master of Library & Information Sciences
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
Interested applicants can access the entire job posting through our Career Connector link at www.brucecounty.on.ca, and then apply online, following the outlined process. Please note that although a resume is required, this does not eliminate the need to complete the Applicant Profile. Deadline for applications is end of day on September 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Compensation: $69,870 – $82,209
Closes: 30 September, 2022
County of Bruce
Walkerton , ON
To apply for this job please visit mail.brucecounty.on.ca.