Website Corus Entertainment
Division: Global News Toronto
Location: Toronto, ON – Don Mills (On-site)
About the Role:
Global News Toronto is currently seeking a full time Producer to write and produce national and international morning show content for multiple markets across the country.
The successful candidate has to possess strong writing skills, editorial judgement, and is passionate about national and international news. This position reports directly to the Executive Producer and the successful candidate will be required to work full-time hours: 3 am – 11 am from Monday-Friday. This is a Group 3 position under the current collective agreement.
You’ll be working on things like:
• Oversee national and international content for morning shows in markets across the country
• Ability to lineup content in rundowns and see it play out on air
• Display strong editorial judgement
• Work effectively across multiple time zones
• Being able to navigate between live and live-to-tape formats
• Pitch, produce and write content for Global News
• Work with affiliates to co-ordinate coverage and resources;
• Plan, select, and request production and resource elements;
• Ability to change and adapt content in real time as stories break.
• Generate original and compelling story ideas
• Backfill Show Producer when needed and take show to air
• Perform other duties as required
If you have the following…we want to hear from you!
• Post-Secondary education in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
• Strong news writing skills and excellent news judgement
• The ability to respond quickly and knowledgeably to breaking news
• Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in television broadcasting preferably in a major markets
• Experience taking shows to air in a control room is an asset
• An amazing, can-do attitude
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to handle the demands and pressure of broadcast deadlines;
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• Comprehensive computer knowledge, including knowledge of leading-edge newsroom management systems and editing programs
• Demonstrate a high comfort level providing clear constructive feedback
• Possess strong organizational skills
Application Deadline: February 7, 2023
To apply for this job please visit can63.dayforcehcm.com.