Website Corus Entertainment
Senior Anchor – News (Hamilton Radio)
Hamilton, ON, Canada Req #2934
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Division: Hamilton Radio – CHML – News
Work Status: Full Time (18 Month Contract)
Location: Hamilton, ON (Onsite)
About the Role:
Hamilton Radio-CHML is looking for a Senior Anchor-News based out of Hamilton. Reporting to the Program/News Director, the successful candidate will work Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm or as required.
You will be working on this:
- Writing and delivering newscasts in a professional manner during prime-time hours
- Coordinate news, stories and lineups within tight timelines
- Consistently update website and social media streams
- Monitoring competition, research and following up story ideas
- Interviews from the desk with newsmakers
- Other duties as required
If you have the following…We want to hear from you!
- A strong news delivery with personality who can tell a story
- Proven ability to gather and disseminate news in a timely and accurate manner
- Above average computer skills – knowledge of Burli and Word Press VIP an asset
- Digital and social media expertise, including Word Press, Facebook & Twitter
- The ability to work in a team atmosphere and well under pressure
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
Application Deadline: January 30th, 2023
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us, and our workplace pretty unique – and amazing.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit can63.dayforcehcm.com.