We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative
Our Records and Information Management team develops compliant records and archives management frameworks and practices designed to enhance business process, strengthen decision making, and preserve corporate memory. Our team of dedicated and responsive information professionals work collaboratively with business partners to help them perform their work effectively and efficiently by ensuring recorded information is accurate, reliable, and usable throughout its lifecycle.
As the Records Management Specialist you will be responsible for assisting business areas by reviewing departmental paper records and providing retention and disposition advice as part of our head-office relocation project. This is a twelve-month contract that requires on-site attendance in our Guelph Ontario office.
How you will create impact:
• Perform analysis on corporate records to determine their retention in accordance with Co-operators records retention schedule and recommends disposition to destruction, offsite storage, or our Corporate Archives.
• Conduct needs analysis through interviews, observations, and questionnaires to assess retention and disposition needs.
• Inventory, catalogue, and box records; Prepare and coordinates records transfers and shipments.
• Provide support to the Records Project Lead, assisting with administrative duties, coordination activities, and delivering communication/messaging.
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with project stakeholders and records owners including providing advice and support for individuals and departments.
How you will succeed:
• You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
• You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions.
• You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
• You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
• You have three to five years of experience managing, handling, and processing records within a corporate environment. Related insurance industry experience is an asset.
• You have a strong knowledge of record-keeping practices and principles with demonstrated experience interpreting and applying records retention schedules.
• You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Management, Administration, Information Management or a related discipline.
• Having the Certified Records Administrator (CRA) designation is an asset.
• You will be subject to a Criminal Record and an employment history check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
What to expect:
• Frequent movement, moderate exertion, and the ability to lift or move (records cartons) up to 30lbs is required.
What’s in it for you?
• Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
• Flexible work options to support personal and family needs.
• A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
• Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.