Website Central 1
Central 1 cooperatively empowers credit unions and other financial institutions to deliver banking choice to Canadians. Central 1 provides critical services at scale to enable a thriving credit union system. We do this by collaborating with our clients, developing strategies, products and services to support the financial well-being of their more than 5 million diverse customers in communities across Canada. For more information, visit www.central1.com.
What we offer:
- Work-life flexibility
- Hybrid work environment
- One time allowance to set up your office for remote first employees
- Variable annual incentive plan
- Generous annual vacation allotment
- Top-notch flexible benefits plan
- Retirement Plan, matched contributions at 6%
- Access to a learning platform and educational assistance support
- Career development opportunities
- Wellness Flex Fund to support personal interest and activities
Day off to volunteer in your community and other paid time off options
- Corporate discounts
- subject to employment agreement
Central 1 Is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through maintaining curiosity, collaboration, and courage which are our core values.
As the Communications Specialist, you will be reporting to the Senior Communication Manager, Client and External Relations, the Communications Specialists responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing external communications strategies to support Central 1’s lines of businesses, key initiatives, strengthening and building the organization’s organizational reputation.
This individual will also play a role in helping to provide thoughtful and strategic communications counsel to business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment with Central 1’s corporate strategy and purpose.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the development of, implementing, and managing best-in-class communications strategies, key messages, tactics, and metrics that enhance employee and member credit union engagement, increase profile of Central 1’s products and services and drive business priorities and strategic objectives
- Leading on specific external communications projects and strategic planning projects as part of the larger communications team, to support various lines of businesses within the organization
- Working closely and collaboratively with Central 1’s marketing team to implement key communications and marketing initiatives
- Research draft and edit communications for multiple audiences including communications plans, presentations, emails, announcements, and program correspondence.
- Support media opportunities, including developing media releases, communication plans and key messages
- Ensure that all communications are executed in accordance with the company brand image and messaging
- Assist with the coordination of meetings such as webinars, strategic meetings and speaking engagements.
- Ensure every communications initiative aligns with overall strategies and is effective from the customer journey standpoint
- Provide general administrative support as required
What you’ll have:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in English, Communications or Journalism concentrations
- 5+ years of experience working in communications in a corporate environment
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines while flexible enough to deal effectively with change
- Proven communication, technical, and writing skills and demonstrated ability to learn and tell compelling and effective stories about products, programs, people, technologies, and accomplishments to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex business issues and challenges; ability to take complex information and create simple, straight-forward messaging and communications
- Strategic thinker, excellent problem-solver, highly motivated, proactive, flexible, and results-oriented
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Microsoft Teams, MailChimp, Salesforce and WordPress within a corporate environment is an asset
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of employees
Central 1 is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building an inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We welcome of all applicants to join our diverse workforce and we will provide an accessible candidate experience including, but not limited to accommodations to interview sites and alternate formats upon request to our Recruitment team.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.