Website CBC/Radio Canada
Full Job Description
Job Family: Media Production
Primary Location: Toronto
Position Language Requirement: English Only
Language Skill Level (Reading) –
Language Skill Level (Writing) –
Language Skill Level (Speaking) –
Status of Employment: Permanent
Work schedule(s): Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC News is looking for a lineup producer for CBC Toronto at 6, its flagship local television news program.
This is the perfect opportunity for an innovative editorial leader with a proven track record of identifying and executing original programming.
We’re looking for an experienced journalist who will be primarily responsible for managing the lineup, mapping out and producing various presentation elements, writing, vetting and cutting elements for the show, as well as coordinating with producers, reporters, on-air staff, writers, editors, videographers and other staff members to execute a fully integrated news program.
You will have a grasp of current trends in news programming – on digital and broadcast platforms – as well as emerging tools and technology.
And you will have a clear understanding of CBC News Journalistic Standards and Practices.
Excellent writing abilities and a proven ability with sophisticated video editing systems like AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro are essential.
The successful candidate will need to have a deep understanding of the issues and diversity of the GTA and they will work to ensure that this diversity is reflected in the show. They will also understand – from personal experience – what it’s like to deal with the challenges of being a journalist in a local Toronto newsroom.
This is a collaborative work environment, so a team player with first-rate communications skills is a must. You will need to juggle and prioritize multiple stories and tasks, and to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. And yes, you know how to have fun, too.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in journalism or equivalent with at least 5 years of practical and relevant experience.
- Extensive experience working with broadcast lineups is essential.
- Recognized excellence in writing for broadcast news (radio or TV), providing quick turnaround when producing scripts and editing video.
- Strong contributor of ideas, stories and treatments.
- Demonstrated experience working with and shaping program lineups and a station’s assignment process is desired.
- Passionate about exploring the diverse communities that make up the GTA and their stories, issues and ideas.
- Proven track record of ensuring a diversity of voices is reflected in storytelling.
- Personal experience with pitching and producing stories on under-represented communities.
- Innovative with programming and ideas. Curious, incisive and critical thinker.
- Demonstrated skills in editing video and experience with emerging technologies.
- You will also have experience creating non-traditional visual storytelling and knowledge of sophisticated graphics.
- Proven ability to produce interviews and prepare interview question lines and background material.
- Demonstrated skill in digital writing and in using social media would be an asset.
- Experience working with radio current affairs programs is an added asset.
- High level of organization and productivity.
- Strong & enthusiastic team player with good communication skills.
- Initiative taker, with ability to be productive in individual and team settings.
- Able to work flexible hours.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date: Sep 16, 2022, 10:26:21 AM
Unposting Date: Sep 30, 2022, 10:59:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit cbc.taleo.net.