Website Castlegar & District Public Library
The Castlegar & District Public Library is seeking a progressive and dynamic Library Director with a strong community focus and excellent management skills. The Library serves a population of approximately 13,000 residents from Castlegar and the Regional District of Central Kootenay. The CDPL is a cooperative member of the Kootenay Library Federation and the British Columbia Libraries Cooperative.
Castlegar is located in the heart of the Kootenays at the confluence of the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers. It is home to Selkirk College, the Kootenay Gallery, the Doukhobor Museum, a community recreational facility, and the regional airport. Recreational opportunities include skiing, hiking, fishing, and boating, all in a beautiful
- MLIS or MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution and two or more years of experience working in a library setting (preferably public libraries) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in staff management in a union environment and budget administration.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with board, staff, and community partners.
- Excellent public relations and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the management and use of library technology.
Compensation: $72,000 annually. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Email your resume and cover letter with the subject “Library Director Posting” to email@example.com.
Detailed job description available at https://castlegar.bc.libraries.coop/about-us/library-information/job-opportunities/
We thank all applicants for their interest; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Open until filled.
Compensation: $72,000 annually
Castlegar & District Public Library
Castlegar , BC
To apply for this job please visit castlegar.bc.libraries.coop.