Website Cariboo Regional District Library
The Cariboo Regional District is seeking an experienced individual to fill the temporary position of Area Librarian/Branch Manager for its 100 Mile House Branch, for a term of approximately 13 months. The Regional District is a mostly rural area known for its agreeable climate, affordable housing and a vast array of outdoor recreational opportunities. The Library System includes 15 branches, 12 in small rural communities and three in the urban areas of Quesnel, Williams Lake and 100 Mile House.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Library Services, the Area Librarian/Branch Manager is responsible for managing the operation of the 100 Mile House Branch of the Cariboo Regional District Library System. Those responsibilities include supervising/training 8-10 staff, maintaining the library’s physical collection, selecting materials for acquisition, determining equipment/building maintenance needs, coordinating public programming, compiling statistics, preparing reports and responding to advanced reference queries. This position also provides advice and support to several rural branches and works closely with Library Managers from other branches to help plan innovative library services that address community needs. Travel by car to rural branches and to various locations throughout the Region to attend meetings is required.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited library program
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a public library setting, including at least 2 years of leadership, supervisory and management experience
- Strong customer service orientation including a knowledge of best practices related to public service
- Ability to lead and empower employees to deliver effective, high-quality library services
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change
- Ability to communicate effectively using superior written and verbal skills
- Considerable knowledge of collection development and management
- An in-depth knowledge of integrated library systems, subscription databases, social media applications and the wide variety of technology used by patrons to access library services
- Strong organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff and to deal pleasantly and tactfully with the public
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment would be an asset
This full-time exempt position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary range of $80,000 – $87,000 based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
WORK SITE LOCATION:
The successful candidate will operate out of the Cariboo Regional District 100 Mile Branch Library located at 449 South Birch Avenue, 100 Mile House, BC. The position requires some travel throughout the Cariboo Regional District for meetings and training. Applicants must maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license.
HOURS OF WORK:
The regular hours of work for this position are 35 hours per week, which includes a minimum of one weekly evening shift and some Saturdays.
Applications will be accepted by the undersigned until a suitable candidate is found. Applications must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position. When submitting an application via email, please quote Competition #23-32.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bernice Crowe, Manager of Human Resources
Cariboo Regional District
Suite D – 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
Phone: (250)392-3351 Fax: (250)392-2812
Are you interested in relocating but want to know more about why you should make the move to the Cariboo? Learn more about our fulfilling communities, long trails, and everyday play before you make the move: www.cariboord.ca/makethemove.
Compensation: $80,000 – $87,000
Cariboo Regional District
Williams Lake , BC
To apply for this job please visit www.cariboord.ca.