Website Canadian Mental Health Association | York Region & South Simcoe
Posting Date: January 11, 2023
Closing Date: February 6, 2023
Message about our hiring and operating practices during the COVID-19 pandemic
One of the fastest growing branches of CMHA, the Canadian Mental Health Association York Region and South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) provides 30+ mental health and addiction programs to adults, youth (age 12+), family caregivers, local businesses and community organizations. Providing a safe environment for our staff and clients is of the utmost importance to us and we continue to closely follow COVID-19 protocols and directives from Public Health.
We have recently started testing a Hybrid Work Arrangement that provides our employees with the flexibility of working from home and on-site within a connected and collaborative team environment while continuing to make the needs and preferences of our clients and community our top priority. Each CMHA-YRSS program and department has developed a unique Hybrid Work Plan that meets the needs of their team and clients and supports the vision of the agency. All CMHA-YRSS employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
Rest assured that your well-being is our top priority and we have appropriate health and safety measures in place at each stage of the recruiting process and throughout our operations.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mental health support for all. We offer an inclusive, innovative and high-performance work culture that helps us deliver transformational impact. The organization cares about the growth, safety and well-being of employees and offers:
- Competitive Total Compensation (including salary, benefits, pension)
- HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Robust Performance and Career Development program
- Learning & development opportunities Learn more about us by visiting: https://cmha-yr.on.ca/careers/
We are hiring a Communications Coordinator on our Communications Team!
Permanent, Full-time, 35 Hours per Week. Occasional Evening Hours and Weekends may be required
Location: The Hybrid Work Plan developed for this role on the Communications team presently requires this position to work from home approx. 4 days/week and work on-site approx. 1 day/week with equipment provided by CMHA. For the on-site work schedule, the successful candidate will work primarily from the Newmarket Office located at 1101 Nicholson Road, Unit 5, Newmarket, ON L3Y 9C3. May be required to occasionally travel within York Region & South Simcoe for training or meetings.
Job Profile: CMHA York Region South Simcoe is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic communications team. If you are passionate about communications and interested in building your experience and knowledge in an innovative, award-winning organization that is continuing to grow and expand, then this role is perfect for you!
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing internal and external communication support to CMHA-YRSS, including content creation, social and digital media communications and event coordination. This position will be report to the Senior Director of Communications.
- Content Creation & Newsletter
- Assists with writing, design and coordination of organizational communications including articles for the Intranet and website, newsletters, email announcements, poster campaigns, brochures, videos, etc.
- Compiles, designs and distributes the biweekly internal newsletter and other newsletters as required
- Social Media, Website & Intranet Coordination
- Graphic design of social media and digital content.
- Develops and uploads content to Intranet to optimize internal engagement.
- Coordinates ongoing Website updates and SEO ensuring content and program information is up to date and accessible.
- With Communications team, develops timely and engaging content to post to CMHA social media channels, commenting on our key events, programs and mental health topics.
- Compiles monthly reports indicating social and digital media performance
- Communications & Event Coordination
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director, Communications and Senior Director, Provincial Initiatives provides support for key organizational initiatives internally and externally
- Works with community partners, facilitates communications and drafts emails to promote programs, services and thought leadership
- Works as a member of event planning teams to ensure smooth running of events and maximizing attendance
- Undergraduate degree in a communications discipline (PR, journalism, communication)
- 1 to 3 years in a similar role
- Understanding of communications best practices and a demonstrated desire to further own knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of digital and social media communications tools including WordPress, Google Analytics, SharePoint, Later and Mailchimp
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong social and digital media management skills, including understanding of major platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Excellent design skills including familiarity with Canva
- Ability to work independently
- Proactively generating story ideas and suggesting improved approaches
- Creative thinker
Working Conditions: Office work with some active work required during events
Disclaimer: In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
If you are interested in this opportunity, follow the link below, go to Current Opportunities and click on the “Apply Now” button in the top right corner of the job posting page to proceed to upload your cover letter and resume: https://cmha-yr.on.ca/careers/
Complete the application form and submit the following:
1) Cover letter with 300 words or less and tell us why you would want the role and why you should be considered for the position (PDF or Word) 2) Resume (PDF or Word)
CMHA-YRSS supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome all applicants including persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.