Website Corporation of the County of Bruce
Reporting to the Archivist, the Archives Cataloguer Intern is responsible for arranging and describing archival artifacts and records, along with the accurate maintenance of the Museum’s archival database. The Archives Cataloguer Intern also performs basic conservation and cleaning of archival artifacts as required. Key responsibilities include re-housing, arranging and describing primarily oversized archival records, providing scanning and digitization assistance to a select number of records, and creating a digitization workflow for oversize single-sheet items. Starting in September 2022, this position will work until approximately February 2023. This position will be based at the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre in Southampton.
• Graduate of a two-year post-secondary diploma in museum studies, archival studies, library studies or conservation, or equivalent previous related experience
• Knowledge and understanding of current Archival principles, systems and practices, including Rules for Archival Description;
• Proficient computer skills, especially with database management
• Strong research skills
• Good communications and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Meets eligibility criteria as outlined in the Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage (graduates) funding program
Interested applicants can access the entire job posting through our Career Connector (link at www.brucecounty.on.ca), and then apply online, following the outlined process. Deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday, July 17, 2022.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mail.brucecounty.on.ca.